WORSHIP MUSIC

Anthrax_Mosher

True Fan
Feb 5, 2005
California USA
Anyone have any more info??

Worship Music is the proposed name for the upcoming tenth studio album by American thrash metal band Anthrax. It is their first album of original material since We've Come for You All and was to be the first to feature vocalist Dan Nelson. It was originally set to be released in May 2009 but a European release on the 23rd of October 2009 was later announced.

After recent developments, Dan Nelson is no longer a member of the band. On what is going to happen to the recently completed studio album, "Worship Music", featuring Dan Nelson on vocals: "Until we have a new singer, I can't tell you what will happen to the record. We'll probably change a few things on it, including the vocals. However, nothing's been decided. Expect that the release date will go back, possibly to next year." - Scott Ian, guitarist.

It initially seemed that John Bush would end up recording new vocals for the album; however, this ultimately did not happen.

In an interview with metalsucks.com John Bush said- "As of now we’re trying to figure out a way to see if we can re-record some of the songs that the band had already recorded [for Worship Music]. We’re just trying to iron out some of the legalities on it. That’s where we are at today."

When asked if he would be re-recording some of Dan Nelson’s vocals he stated "That is what they want to do, and it’s been a conflict for me, to be quite frank, simply because I kind of felt like I wasn’t part of the creation of it. On all the other Anthrax records, I was part of it when it happened. I just wasn’t involved in this, and it’s something that they’ve already actually completed. I haven’t disregarded it completely, and I know it’s important to them. I realize they made this record and they’re kind of sitting on it. They want to put some of it out, if not everything… at least a single, and we’ve talked about [releasing] an EP. We’re still trying to figure out if we can do that, especially in conjunction with these shows in June. We’ve just got to kind of iron out some specifics. That’s where we’re at today, March 15, 2010."

Ultimately, Bush decided that he did not want to recommit to Anthrax full time again and left the group. As a result, the band has reunited with Joey Belladonna once again. Following several European shows during the summer of 2010, many featuring the Big Four of thrash metal, the band will return to the studio. Some of the completed songs will be left as is, other than adding Belladonna's vocals, while others will be rewritten by the band with Belladonna.

Scott Ian has said in a recent interview that the album's name may be changed.

Confirmed tracks:

1. "Vampires"
2. "Crawl"
3. "The Devil You Know"
4. "The Giant"
5. "Fight 'em 'til You Can't"
6. "Earth on Hell"
7. "New Noise" (Refused cover)
8. "Revolution Screams"
9. "We Die Young" (Alice In Chains cover)

Anthrax_Mosher thanks for collecting all the current data...
Perhaps you may add that there was a telephone conversation between Charlene and Josephine and during that an a cappella version of Fight 'Em 'til You Can't was sung by J...

T:)

a conversation about Anthrax-music between JohnnieCzech and Maidenboy would make up for a nice bonustrack on WM, can be compared with the strange masturbation-sounds at the end of WCFYA.

perhaps Billy Milano would want something like that on his next album....:)

T:)

Perhaps another "free Dr. Pepper for everyone"-campaign would help speed up the process...

...or free dildos. That seems to be an object of fascination for some of the board members here.

...the problem being that it's becoming increasingly difficult to decide who is living in the past in relation to Anthrax, since the past may very well be the present tomorrow (if for example John Bush was to return again).

It could be worse though. Click on the link below and have a look at the band bio for a intricate study of possible line-up changes.
http://www.myspace.com/leadfoot420

Yeah, the band seems to have found the formula for pushing things forward regardless of the circumstances while being unproductive at the same time. (I'd be rather surprised if they managed to get the new album out there in 2011).

It's quite an achievement in its own right :)

i bet johnnyCzech is very, very happy right now and building up the mospit with his best friends (his dog, his cat, his bird & the fly on the wall) again and screams "svatý hovno, Bush je zpátky!!!, jeden pivo Prosím!" while cranking MOMD.

Well, he's entitled to express his opinion as much as anyone else.
And I can respect the fact that some people prefer one J over the other.

Besides, the fact that people disagree generates some rather entertaining posts on this board...dildos, mullets and mom's basement frequently included.

Back on topic: An update on the new album would certainly be appreciated. If only a short twitter message (containing words such as "progress", and not phrases such as "baby steps").