Scott on touring, Worship Music, the next record and other stuff

Elektra cut funding on those albums for the same reason Atlantic Records didn't get behind Skid Row's Subhuman Race, Columbia didn't get behind Warrant's Dog Eat Dog and a whole host of other bands didn't get label support. The labels moved on to the next trend...

The company asked the band to 'change' or else they won't get support..So the band change, and guess what?? They get no support!!! Its like a cycle, musicians at some point were held at gun point to follow the trend, even KISS did a disco song!! Brilliant music execs I tell you.

Sometimes it is good to work with restraint, sometimes, to much freedom shall lead to load of shite...( ShiT Anger anyone??)

Social Distortion =

troll.jpg

If by troll you mean the greatest poster in the history of UM.com, then yeah that's me.

Dude do you even know what a troll is? :lol:

Simple-Jack-Tropic-Thunder.jpg

Elektra cut funding on those albums for the same reason Atlantic Records didn't get behind Skid Row's Subhuman Race, Columbia didn't get behind Warrant's Dog Eat Dog and a whole host of other bands didn't get label support. The labels moved on to the next trend...

This is true but to specify, Elektra at the time fired pretty much their entire A&R department. Not only did a ton of the bands that those A&R people signed also get the axe but whoever was then in charge of things straight up HATED metal in all forms and wanted to concentrate of R&B acts. Anthrax getting dropped had less to do with whoever was singing for them or even them just being Anthrax than it did that the new bosses at Elektra wanted nothing to do with rock music.

This is true but to specify, Elektra at the time fired pretty much their entire A&R department. Not only did a ton of the bands that those A&R people signed also get the axe but whoever was then in charge of things straight up HATED metal in all forms and wanted to concentrate of R&B acts. Anthrax getting dropped had less to do with whoever was singing for them or even them just being Anthrax than it did that the new bosses at Elektra wanted nothing to do with rock music.

That's spot on.

except for wm wait they must not be doing 2 bad if they can afford to do a new album every 8 years,i would much prefer scott to come out and say there wont be another album for 5 or 6 years than utter murmering of a new album in 2 or 3 years time,they have said that after every album since bush was in the band and its quite misleading for the fans,imo its got nothing to do with dl at all.

Maybe it's because of the lack of funding that it t takes 8 years to afford to make an album but who knows?

Maybe it's because of the lack of funding that it t takes 8 years to afford to make an album but who knows?
You have to remember that it would've taken about 5 or 6 if they didn't have to deal with rotating singers. It could've taken maybe 3 if it weren't for the "reunion" tour. Either way, I'm glad everything happened the way it did.

Will a Grammy Nomination help them in pushing new grounds, you know, thats what the guys wanted all these time.

..and what with the silence??? creepy....