Scott on touring, Worship Music, the next record and other stuff

you make it look like they don't make any money off touring and any money off record-sales. what do you think how they pay their bills, cars, house,... do you honestly think that they are living on the streets when they are not touring and get paid with a warm meal only for each show? do you think they are starving in 30 square meter-flats, they still make much more money than you and i.

I was talking about the industry in general, not singling out Anthrax, but now that you mention it beteween Stomp and WCFYA they ended up in debt and had to do the reunion tour to keep the band going. Even in the "Glory days" after the ATL album/tour cycle they bearly broke even because it cost so much money shipping the stage show and gear around the world.

I was talking about the industry in general, not singling out Anthrax, but now that you mention it beteween Stomp and WCFYA they ended up in debt and had to do the reunion tour to keep the band going. Even in the "Glory days" after the ATL album/tour cycle they bearly broke even because it cost so much money shipping the stage show and gear around the world.

Thats because those albums sucked and no one wanted to see them continue in that direction so they did the reunion in order to save themselves. Sorry but the truth hurts just ask Scott.

Absolutely ludicrous.

Anthax isnt even that popular in the mainstream. If you think mainstream pussy shit like Sysytem of a down and Deftones dont make money then I really dont know what else to tell you here. :puke:

Are you fucking kidding me? Of course HUGE mainstream bands like that make money. But those bands account for what, 5% of bands out there? That means 95% can't make a living off just music.

You knew exactly what I meant too.

Are you fucking kidding me? Of course HUGE mainstream bands like that make money. But those bands account for what, 5% of bands out there? That means 95% can't make a living off just music.

You knew exactly what I meant too.

I'd say its more than the %5 you just said. Maybe saying "most bands" was the wrong usage of words.

Thats because those albums sucked and no one wanted to see them continue in that direction so they did the reunion in order to save themselves. Sorry but the truth hurts just ask Scott.

I wasn't defending those albums although I like 'em the same as the old stuff. I will now, it all started with Elektra changing staff. Those peole hated Anthrax, cut the funding. Saying the music is crap is just your view on it. End result, less time spent on that album, no promotion and a shitty tour. It was like a snowball effect after that. There is enough material on those albums to have sold triple if not more with the right backing. People just have no idea about the costs involved in making and promoting music. The cost of freighting gear, paying rodies, hiring venues it goes on and on. Very few come out in front at the end of the cycle. ATL must have been shithouse too have have only broken even going by your logic. :rolleyes:

I wasn't defending those albums although I like 'em the same as the old stuff. I will now, it all started with Elektra changing staff. Those peole hated Anthrax, cut the funding. Saying the music is crap is just your view on it. End result, less time spent on that album, no promotion and a shitty tour. It was like a snowball effect after that. There is enough material on those albums to have sold triple if not more with the right backing.

http://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/Anthrax/Stomp_442/884/
http://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/Anthrax/Volume_8_-_The_Threat_Is_Real/880/

Last edited by a moderator:
less time spent on that album, no promotion and a shitty tour.

Of course that was the end result. Of course Elektra isnt going to invest their time and money in a bad product. Because those Bush albums sucked, and they knew that going in. How many companies do you know that would put money into garbage thats not going to make them any money and pay any dividends for them?

ATL must have been shithouse too have have only broken even going by your logic.

What kind of idiot are you? Anthrax was still young in their career with ATL, only their 3rd album. They hadnt yet reached the level of name recognition yet to do anything but break even. Id like to see you try to tell me they broke even with POT.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Isn't that just the typical response from the "few" on this forum. Labled as an idiot for my views. No wonder the band took the link from the website, no wonder the ladies don't post on here any more. They don't associate with immaturity. You bring the band into disrepute. No wonder they want nothing to do with this forum. No wonder Scott stopped posting......and it's only a few of you. This band that you "so called love". Well done guys. Most people on here are great to chat with, especially my "Aussie" mates. Elektra would have cut the funding no matter the lineup or style. It was a sign of the times.

Elektra cut funding on those albums for the same reason Atlantic Records didn't get behind Skid Row's Subhuman Race, Columbia didn't get behind Warrant's Dog Eat Dog and a whole host of other bands didn't get label support. The labels moved on to the next trend...

Isn't that just the typical response from the "few" on this forum. Labled as an idiot for my views. No wonder the band took the link from the website, no wonder the ladies don't post on here any more. They don't associate with immaturity. You bring the band into disrepute. No wonder they want nothing to do with this forum. No wonder Scott stopped posting......and it's only a few of you. This band that you "so called love". Well done guys. Most people on here are great to chat with, especially my "Aussie" mates. Elektra would have cut the funding no matter the lineup or style. It was a sign of the times.

All speculation not fact so you might as well shut up.

Elektra cut funding on those albums for the same reason Atlantic Records didn't get behind Skid Row's Subhuman Race, Columbia didn't get behind Warrant's Dog Eat Dog and a whole host of other bands didn't get label support. The labels moved on to the next trend...

Pretty funny since Skid Row's Subhuman Race sounds nothing like their previous albums. Alot of bands at that time were moving on to the next trend.

All speculation not fact so you might as well shut up.

Is it really? When was the last time Scott or Pink posted? Pink was the most recent but any other ladies? Speculation really?

Does that make your Elektra comment speculation too? "Of course that was the end result. Of course Elektra isnt going to invest their time and money in a bad product. Because those Bush albums sucked, and they knew that going in. How many companies do you know that would put money into garbage thats not going to make them any money and pay any dividends for them?"

Or just what I said. "Elektra would have cut the funding no matter the lineup or style. It was a sign of the times."

I know what happened and it's perfectly logical if you think about it. Ask the band if you ever get the chance. Hell ask Elektra themselves.

You have a go at me over the Elekta thing then say it's speculation.......hmmmmmm

What do you mean?

tumblr_m1fnexgIds1r8swqdo3_250.gif

fuck-gif-gif