Worship Music - 3 months on

I like both Joey and JB eras, BUT there wouldn't have been this much hype, attention, and success with Anthrax if JB was still with Anthrax. PERIOD! :)

The album is ok. There's really not any thrash on it the album has good production & reminds me of the Black album from Metallica only a little heavier & better. Joey is by far the best part of the album I think the album would have totally sucked if it had D Nelson or that idiot from Slitknot C Taylor Joey saved their overrated asses & if the fuck with him again they are done.
1. Among
2.Persistence
3.Spreading
4.White Noise
5.State

I agree with mrthrax it's a cool album In The End Earth on Hell Judas Priest are great I just don't think it's a full blown asskicker like The Electric Age from Overkill

Yep now WM has been out for over 6 months I still love it as much now as I did on first listen.

It's probably my 4th fave Thrax disc - after Among, POT, and SOWN.

Still loving it. Favourite songs in order:

Worship/ Earth on Hell (I think of it as 1 song tbh)
In the End
I'm Alive
Fight em.

Vocals are brilliant IMO. Only criticism is that it could have done (IMO) with 1 or 2 extra thrashy songs in the mould of Earth on Hell. Overall very impressed though- 8.5/ 10, and up there for my favourite album of the year along with Five Serpent's Teeth by Evile. (If you haven't listened to that yet definitely do so)

In terms of Anthrax albums I would go with:

Among the Living
Worship Music
Spreading the disease

I must admit I haven't listened to the album in a while. Not that I don't love it but I found myself actually listening to WCFYA again funnily enough (and no I am not a Bush is better than Joey person either). Can't stop listening to Black Dahlia and I must admit having not listened to that album in literally years it sounded absolutely fresh as hell.

Makes him look like a tool? I think the album could have sounded better with John, but regardless, I still don't like the music very much. It sounds very popish and gives me too much of that modern metalcore-emo vibe. Sorry, but it's there and they very obviously attempted to reach this audience after the moderate success of TDT.
Also, it's a no brainer that if someone doesn't like that 80's vocal style then the vocals will be the weakest element of this disc for them.

:puke: What a crock.

I must admit I haven't listened to the album in a while. Not that I don't love it but I found myself actually listening to WCFYA again funnily enough (and no I am not a Bush is better than Joey person either). Can't stop listening to Black Dahlia and I must admit having not listened to that album in literally years it sounded absolutely fresh as hell.

:D:D

Think About An End is still a fav, Best Bush album too imo ..

Black Dahlia is criminally underrated! I loved it when they used to open the show with What Doesn't Die and Black Dahlia! I'd to see them open with Earth On Hell and Black Dahlia!

:puke: What a crock.

Agreed

I'm lost with the "only fans of 80's style vocals will like this album" assessment. That's as silly as saying "only fans of the 90's style vocals will like WCFYA" :lol:

Anyways, this album is still in constant rotation in my mp3 player and truck stereo. Certain songs I initially didn't pay much attention to like The Giant are on repeat after noticing more layers of ear candy.

Rock solid album. I'm looking forward to the upcoming B-sides release.