Worship Music - 3 months on

I see, now the "majority" decides what is good and what is not, I think majority of people loves Lady Gaga and thinks heavy metal is an evil music.

I think WM is a good record but I can't help not being astonished by it, I share DumbAss'es opinion, even though I don't hear many metalcore-emo elements in it, though I agree it's probably the most "pop" sounding Anthrax record ever. And the vocals are really too 80ish for my taste.

That's ok. You are the Reunion Basher, after all.

I'm not saying Majority decide what's good or bad but the general feel for the album has been embraced alot by media and fans alike.

I hear you. Critics and a significant amount of fans (old and new) seem to embrace the album.

But he's the Reunion Basher, after all.

The only thing I hate about the new LP is how long it took to come out. Joey's performance is outstanding. Why couldn't this album have started production is 06 or 07 and why we had to go through the Dan Nelson fiasco is beyond me.

it's probably the most "pop" sounding Anthrax record ever.

I guess that means you haven't heard the song "Safe Home" or about half of the other songs on We've Come For You All. That album is more of a 90s mainstream alternative radio type album than anything they've ever done. I'd hardly call that one metal at all.

I guess that means you haven't heard the song "Safe Home" or about half of the other songs on We've Come For You All. That album is more of a 90s mainstream alternative radio type album than anything they've ever done. I'd hardly call that one metal at all.

Whatever the case....I personally like just about all of Anthrax's music whether it's rock, pop, metal, slow, fast, or whatever you fuckin' wanna call it. They have a certain style and you can feel it in all of their music. Atleast I do anyways. :)

Whatever the case....I personally like just about all of Anthrax's music whether it's rock, pop, metal, slow, fast, or whatever you fuckin' wanna call it. They have a certain style and you can feel it in all of their music. Atleast I do anyways. :)

:Smokedev: What you said. :headbang:

nail on the head mate,volume 8 had harms way and toast:kickass:

"No One Knows Anything" might be the song you're thinking of. Some of the drumming in that song sounds ever so sightly enhanced.

Nah, even after a few listens, the production is too polished and yeah, most songs are too generic for me. TDYK has a nice groove... and a good solo. Fight'em is kinda nice, but the voice effect on the "I'll end you"'s makes me wanna hit the skip button. Can't recall the rest of the album if I haven't heard it in the last 2 hours...

But hey, maybe I'm just a bit awkward when it comes to music as I would defo list Vol.8 as one of my favorite Anthrax albums...

That's one of my favorite parts of that song {shrugs} :D

Also, it's a no brainer that if someone doesn't like that 80's vocal style then the vocals will be the weakest element of this disc for them.

I'm not hearing any "80's style vocals" on this album. What I'm hearing is a wide vocal range, multi-layered harmonies, and good background vocals from Joey that really enhance the music compared to what I heard from DanThrax versions.

WCFYA gets considered more pop becasue of Safe Home but I dont really consider it pop that much. Theres alot of non-pop on it like What Doesnt Die and Think About An End.

I also dont consider Worship Music or any Anthrax music as pop. That is just ridiculous.

I'm not hearing any "80's style vocals" on this album. What I'm hearing is a wide vocal range, multi-layered harmonies, and good background vocals from Joey that really enhance the music compared to what I heard from DanThrax versions.

Pretty much. The album was a success and Joey being involved definitely is a huge factor in the album resulting in the biggest Anthrax success since POT. It wouldnt have been as huge an album had it been done with Dan or John and that is just the straight up truth. :Shedevil: :Shedevil:

Anyone who denies that is in denial or just flat out lying.