Worship Music - fave tunes? Least faves?

maybe a better way to explain my view,i think some fans grow old with the band too and ofcourse there tastes are going to change,there will always be people saying they should be pure thrash but alot of people are sick to death of that stuff,its been done to death and am glad anthrax have grown into the band that they are today!

That's right, there is no reason why bands cant do both, I wasn't aware it was forbidden.

double-facepalm.jpg

Yeah, you're right. I did the same thing a few times while listening to WM. I'm glad you agree.

The way I see it is Anthrax is moving on and growing musically. I am a fan of all their music, but they are not going to create the same style that they did in the 80's. It's not all about speed picking 100% of the time. I think it's good that they put different elements of music into the new album. There is thrash, metal, and hard rock on there imo. A little something for everyone to enjoy. If members have a problem with it please state your opinion (not repeatedly), listen to classic Thrax, and move on to another subject. :)

No it wasn't Forbidden it is Anthrax. Forbidden is still Thrash.

good on them,they toured here a couple monts back,was on holis otherwise i woulda seen them,they played to a couple hundred people in a small pub,thrash doesnt always guarantee a larger audience,anthrax run just as much risk if they stayed the same,alot of thrash bands have died over the years,theres more to life than one genre of music imo.

Not keen on Earth on Hell or Judas Priest

Like Fight 'em, Crawl, The Devil.. and in the End

I am alive is not bad

In the end - awesome! Joeys vocals are fantastic.

What's rreally odd is that The word 'Scream' in Revolution screams is exactly the same note and pitch as the word screem in 'New Noise'. In fact I thought it was the same (long) song at first.

In The End may be one of the best Anthrax songs ever written.

Revolution Screams may be one of the worst Anthrax songs that Joey has ever sung on. It sounds like really generic Pantera, so it was probably Don Nelson's favorite song.

Not keen on Earth on Hell

Really? That's been probably my fave since day 1. That tune for me captures all the reasons I got into Anthrax over 20 years ago. Speed, melody, cool lyrics, a manic solo, and Charlie's brutal drumming. Love it!

Really? That's been probably my fave since day 1. That tune for me captures all the reasons I got into Anthrax over 20 years ago. Speed, melody, cool lyrics, a manic solo, and Charlie's brutal drumming. Love it!

yep,sounds like all of spreading the disease mixed into 1 song,its classic anthrax and a great opening song,i love the constant and crawl,crawl riff is so fucking heavy id be proud to have made that one up

TDYK has grown on me, i didn't like it much at first. what's still not so good about the song for me is the chorus but i'm getting used to it. i like the riff of the song, the groove overall and the vocals.