Worship Music - fave tunes? Least faves?

Fav tunes:

Worship
Earth on Hell
The Devil You Know
Fight'em 'Til You Can't
I'm Alive
Hymn 1
In the End
The Giant
Hymn 2
Judas Priest
Crawl
The Constant
Revolution Screams
New Noise

Hi all !

I am new to the forums,but far from new to metal! My name is Owen..:D

So far I love the first few tracks! this is a solid metal album,I am far from disappointed with it,it was definitely worth the wait! My favorite so far has to be I’m Alive! I've not had the privilege of seeing Anthrax live yet but sure hope to if they hit the uk in new year on tour!

;)

Hi all !

I am new to the forums,but far from new to metal! My name is Owen..:D

So far I love the first few tracks! this is a solid metal album,I am far from disappointed with it,it was definitely worth the wait! My favorite so far has to be I’m Alive! I've not had the privilege of seeing Anthrax live yet but sure hope to if they hit the uk in new year on tour!

;)

Welcome to the board!

Do you really have to? Sorry, just kidding - welcome on board. Hope you don't take this too seriously...it might look sometimes like that, but it is NOT.

T:)

Really digging The Giant... the hook and the chorus is just brilliant. This song has really, really grown on me a lot. I know it's a bit of a fav already with a lot of you.

Fav tunes:

Worship
Earth on Hell
The Devil You Know
Fight'em 'Til You Can't
I'm Alive
Hymn 1
In the End
The Giant
Hymn 2
Judas Priest
Crawl
The Constant
Revolution Screams
New Noise

This.
Although, i'm actually not that fond of The Constant.
Oh, and Crawl might be the greatest song to ever have existed.

In the End really is channelling a lot of old Sabbath - especially Heaven & Hell/Dio era Sabbath. Probably only natural as it is a tribute to Ronnie & Dime.

I think it's an excellent record, a mix of metal sounds the band likes and has performed in the past. Earth on Hell is my favorite, it's just is the direction Anthrax should go for in future albums (in my fantasy world-I assume they won't.) I was at the free show in NYC on Monday (didn't see the stream, watched the real thing), and the band was incredibly tight, and had super fun onstage. The songs go even better live than on record, and Joey has a better voice now than he did on the reunion, IMO. On the record, he just sounds amazing, even better than when he was a kid in some areas! And Rob does really do great on this album as well (and I must say, live, he was excellent, except he doesn't have the energy of, say, Frank, but who does anyway?!) It is really a great accomplishment-the concept, everything is well thought out and executed well, even if I didn't like a few of the songs that are not my thing. Even on those, though, Joey saves the album and makes all the songs sound good at least-my honest opinion. No offense, but no way a few of the other "Big 4" bands recent efforts compare to this album, even by non-thrash standards. Great Anthrax record, IMO.

Earth on Hell is my favorite, followed by FETYC-the record is still new to me, but those two are a must for future Anthrax shows, IMHO. I shall update this later, but I like very much others as well.

I think it's an excellent record, a mix of metal sounds the band likes and has performed in the past. Earth on Hell is my favorite, it's just is the direction Anthrax should go for in future albums (in my fantasy world-I assume they won't.) I was at the free show in NYC on Monday (didn't see the stream, watched the real thing), and the band was incredibly tight, and had super fun onstage. The songs go even better live than on record, and Joey has a better voice now than he did on the reunion, IMO. On the record, he just sounds amazing, even better than when he was a kid in some areas! And Rob does really do great on this album as well (and I must say, live, he was excellent, except he doesn't have the energy of, say, Frank, but who does anyway?!) It is really a great accomplishment-the concept, everything is well thought out and executed well, even if I didn't like a few of the songs that are not my thing. Even on those, though, Joey saves the album and makes all the songs sound good at least-my honest opinion. No offense, but no way a few of the other "Big 4" bands recent efforts compare to this album, even by non-thrash standards. Great Anthrax record, IMO.

Earth on Hell is my favorite, followed by FETYC-the record is still new to me, but those two are a must for future Anthrax shows, IMHO. I shall update this later, but I like very much others as well.

Cool read. :wave: I think as they get older it will be harder to play those fast songs. I think out of the Big4, Charlie is by far the superior drummer as the one that has lost the least amount of ability with age. Time will tell. I agree Lars has lost the most but pound for pound he still plays as fast as the others.