Helloween- Unarmed-25th anniverary album

Savage Pumpkin

AKA Mr. Future World
Sep 6, 2008
Skokie, IL
As a Helloween fan I am MAJORLY disappointed in this abomination that this CD represents. WHY oh WHY would you redo these songs this way? Well....check it out below and I'll leave it up to you to decide.

Tracklist:

Dr. Stein'
'Future World'
'If I Could Fly'
'Where The Rain Grows'
'The Keeper's Trilogy'
'Eagle Fly Free'
'Perfect Gentleman'
'Forever & One'
'I Want Out'
'Falling To Pieces'
'A Tale That Wasn't Right'

Last edited by a moderator:
I had to check the date, make sure Apr. 1 hadn't snuck up on me.

Okay, I do enjoy it on some level, but a major album release for this? This sounds like something they'd want to give away to their fans just so they can have yet more versions of all their favorite songs.

Okay, I do enjoy it on some level, but a major album release for this? This sounds like something they'd want to give away to their fans just so they can have yet more versions of all their favorite songs.

Seriously. To release this at 16 bucks a pop is just wrong.

+1

I understand they can't just give things away, studio time/mastering/etc. all cost money, but these shouldn't be an entire album unless they want to make it a bonus disc on a new studio album. It seems like throwing a few of them on an EP or using them as b-sides would've been a lot more appropriate. It's a somewhat novel approach and has some entertainment value, but I can't imagine I'd find myself listening to it enough to want to buy a whole album of it.

This new version of I Want Out, with the children-like choir in the back, sounds like it could've come out of a Wiggles' album.

You know those kiddie-version albums that you see on Infomercials every now and then? Well, guess what, Helloween seems to be joining the club.

I can understand maybe redoing the Deris stuff, albeit NOT scaled down acoustic-like but heavy but please leave the Kiske stuff alone for crying out loud!

Helloween is probably one of my top 5 bands and I'm huge into them, but after their comeback of sorts, this sounds disastrous. As someone mentioned, this shouldn't be a stand alone release. It should be like bonus material on a new album. The only thing I'm curious in listening to is the Keeper Trilogy but that probably blows since it's packing 3 13 minute songs into I think it's 17 minutes?

I can understand maybe redoing the Deris stuff, albeit NOT scaled down acoustic-like but heavy but please leave the Kiske stuff alone for crying out loud!

Nothing wrong with touching the Kiske stuff. Deris has been more in the band than Kiske, so it's natural to have him sing the stuff. Re-recording it is fine. The problem is when you turn the songs into crappy versions, that really have NOTHING to do with the singer.

Deris is an awesome singer, and he is the singer for Helloween. It wouldn't make sense to re-do his own stuff imo.

I didn't make it all the way through the samples either. Some are horrible, some are oddly intriguing. I can understand remaking some older songs, but do they have to be pop? What's up with that?

This new version of I Want Out, with the children-like choir in the back, sounds like it could've come out of a Wiggles' album.

You know those kiddie-version albums that you see on Infomercials every now and then? Well, guess what, Helloween seems to be joining the club.

I thought the exact same thing...sounds like it should be on a Kidz Bop Power Metal album or something. I was actually looking forward to this and am somewhat turned off to the Kiske-era stuff sounding like this. Some of the originally mellow stuff sounded pretty cool though.

Deris singing Dr. Stein makes me happy. This watered-down poppy version of Dr. Stein makes me not-so-happy. :(

In fact, all of these songs seem very watered-down. Very disappointing for a 25th anniversary release.

Oh man. That's terrible. I had to stop at "If I Could Fly." No way in hell. Sorry.
I stopped at Future World. Bad Helloween! Bad! Somebody should follow them around with a rolled up newspaper like a puppy and beat them over the head when they do something stupid. NO! Bad Helloween! Do not release Pink Bubbles Go Ape! *whacks with paper*