Helloween

CRUSADER747 said:
It was the first rock concert i've been to for FOUR YEARS :OMG:

:yow: :yow: :yow:

OMG Crusader are you serious - you're first rock concert in 4 years. I am shocked to the core at that statement. If I don't get to a concert at least once a month I am breaking out into a cold sweat and to have no concerts for 4 bloody years sounds like total torture to me. In fact I'd probably top myself if I couldn't seen a band for that length of time!!!

So how come no concerts for 4 years - have you been banged up for the past 4 years and you've just recently been released or something hahaha!!!

Sounds like a good concert all the same - was there support or was it just Helloween then?

Guess what...

TODAY WAS THE WORST DAY OF MY LIFE THANKS TO HELLOWEEN!

Basically my uncle works for a german tour company and phones me last night saying hes helloweens tour manager for their world tour!!!!!!
he invited me to their gig tommorow, saying he could get me a vip ticket and let me meet the band.

ONE PROBLEM. IM FLYING TO GERMANY TOMMOROW!!!!
what a bummer, i was looking forward to seeing them and then they announce the show the day im leaving. and then my uncle phones me..

ARRGGGHHH

That's a massive bummer indeed Bosnian Witchfinder. Never mind though, you might be lucky and get to meet Girlschool at Wolverhampton - who knows you might even pull that nice blonde one that you're so hot for!!!!! It is Wolverhampton gig you're going to isn't it, can't remember now.

princess_of_the_night2112 said:
:yow: :yow: :yow:

OMG Crusader are you serious - you're first rock concert in 4 years. I am shocked to the core at that statement. If I don't get to a concert at least once a month I am breaking out into a cold sweat and to have no concerts for 4 bloody years sounds like total torture to me. In fact I'd probably top myself if I couldn't seen a band for that length of time!!!

So how come no concerts for 4 years - have you been banged up for the past 4 years and you've just recently been released or something hahaha!!!

Sounds like a good concert all the same - was there support or was it just Helloween then?

Well, the £45 taxi fare home puts me off a bit, and it took over 2 hours to get to bradford (2 long bus journeys) so its a bit of a treck, and it ends up costing quite a lot of money just to see one gig :erk:

As for the support band, they were pretty good, there called 'Power Quest'. You can download some of there songs of there website http://www.power-quest.co.uk
There a fast melodic power metal band :headbang:

Yes I know what you mean Crusader, £45 is pretty steep just for the taxi fare home.

It cost me about that when I went through to see Saxon in Edinburgh, the return train ticket was near enough £20, plus once I got back into Glasgow I had to then get taxi from Glasgow to Paisley which cost me again near enough £20, plus I had to get taxi to train station and train into Glasgow to begin with, so it was probably nearer £50 just on transport alone, which is shocking. And to think if I'd taken the car it would have cost only about £10 at most on petrol but I wouldn't have been able to have lots and lots of drinkies. Still it was well worth it to see Saxon and ticket only cost me £2.20 from ebay.

So are there not many bands play in your town then Crusader. I'll have a wee listen to Power Quest later on and check them out.

princess_of_the_night2112 said:
So are there not many bands play in your town then Crusader.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I think they have crappy local bands on in a pub every thursday night, but they dont play hard rock or metal!!
The nearest large town is Harrogate (no metal gigs there), the nearest citys are Leeds and York. Unfortunatly Leeds doesn't have any decent venues anymore, so most bands play Bradford instead, and as for York, i havent been to a metal concert there since 1993 (cos no decent bands play there). :confused:

helloween rocked saturday
nearly got onto the tour bus to meet andi but some arseholes saw us and started banging on the side of the tour bus
but having said that a roadie did go onto the bus and get an autograph from him, oh and i was the one who looked like i was pregnant as i had the drummers towel up my t shirt
only downside was as we stood outside for an hour waiting for the rest of the group to emerge from rios they shut the side doors and wouldnt let us back in as i had my twelve yr old nephew with me......i mean christ he was allowed into see helloween then cos it was past 11 pm they wouldnt let us back inside cos it had changed into a night club( we only wanted to wait for my wife who was coming to pick us up) so they let us ever so kindly wait outside in the freezing cold for half an hour cheers to all at rios for that

Andi in good voice i was angry after when he had to disguise himself to get out when some of the other members had a drink with some fans i think it was Andi with hat on etc And i didnt catch a helloween frisbie!!!!!!!!

CRUSADER747 said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I think they have crappy local bands on in a pub every thursday night, but they dont play hard rock or metal!!
The nearest large town is Harrogate (no metal gigs there), the nearest citys are Leeds and York. Unfortunatly Leeds doesn't have any decent venues anymore, so most bands play Bradford instead, and as for York, i havent been to a metal concert there since 1993 (cos no decent bands play there). :confused:
There's a few good bands who play York. I've been to see Hurricane Party and Tokyo Dragons there recently at Fibbers and the ale isn't too shabby either! :headbang:

bert said:
I've been to see Hurricane Party and Tokyo Dragons there recently at Fibbers and the ale isn't too shabby either! :headbang:

I've not seen either of those bands but I've heard that Hurricane Party are really good and I've heard mixed reports about the Dragons - I will no doubt see them one of these days. And that Hurricane Party, I think they've changed their name to Roadstar now cos the name Hurricane Party was thought to be very insensitve after that massive hurricane that occurred somewhere in the world (somewhere in America maybe) about 6 months ago.

I saw Helloween last night at Camden Koko! Bloody good gig! Helloween were top drawer! I saw them in Cologne on the same tour but the songs didn't really work so they swapped around the order and At the Koko it worked! I have neck and back ache today! I can Keep the faith with helloween, yet again they were awesome! :worship: :headbang:

bert said:
There's a few good bands who play York. I've been to see Hurricane Party and Tokyo Dragons there recently at Fibbers and the ale isn't too shabby either! :headbang:

As i have never heard of those bands i will have to take your word for it Bert!!
What i really meant was, no bands that i like ever play York these days. Which is supprising cos there are a few venues like, the barbican centre, and the York opera house and of course fibbers.