help, chimaria gogs are not in stereo once in drumagog.

Incognito Man

Jan 27, 2009
hello. i have the chimaria stereo sampls that i cant get to play back in stereo and i need help to correct this. here is what i am doing;

i chopped up the stereo snare hits, opened up drumagog and created a new snare gog file with them. all is good.

when i go to audition the individual hits they only play back in mono, but if i select another sample, like a steven slate sample, from my library it will play in stereo with no setting changes made.

perhaps i missed a step or something when i was chopping the hits up and creating my gog file?

how do i take a stereo drum hit and turn it into a stereo gog file?

i chopped up 7 of the stereo hits and on the sample page in drumagog it turned the 7 stereo hits into 14 mono hits.

how do i correct this?

thanks

-jay

but your drum tracks should be mono dude, thats what i always have.

kick snare etc always recorded in mono and then trigger them and pan them accordingly to create a stereo track

so convert your original tracks to mono and convert your samples to mono

or am i wrong guys?

but your drum tracks should be mono dude, thats what i always have.

kick snare etc always recorded in mono and then trigger them and pan them accordingly to create a stereo track

so convert your original tracks to mono and convert your samples to mono

or am i wrong guys?

not if the sample has a stereo reverb printed with it like the chimaria ones do. put it in mono and the reverb sounds very undesireable.

are we talkin bou the right samples here? andy sneaps chimaria samples? because i listened back to mine and most of them are pure dry except for the real low end toms picking up the tiniest about of the room reverb. which is actually gated too if you listen. please post an example of one of your samples

yup - like i said there is no reverb on them except for a tiny amount of natural room reverb picked up by the mics which is gated out pretty quick.

Dude, make a STEREO track in your DAW, apply Drumagog to that and voila, Drumagog will run it as stereo.

Dude, make a STEREO track in your DAW, apply Drumagog to that and voila, Drumagog will run it as stereo.

i wish that is how it works but its not working. as i said before, the samples i cut up will only play in mono but if i simply select a different sample, like a slate sample, then bam! it is in stereo with no setting changes being made.

i dont get what this could be.

the fact the drumagog took my 7 snare hits and turned them into 14 mono hits is strange. i must be doing something wrong but i dont know what.

you just said it yourself, man...it's turning 7 stereo hits into 14 mono ones - meaning you're getting each hit twice as a mono

cut that shit up manually...load samples into drumagog...save as .gog file. done.

i wish that is how it works but its not working. as i said before, the samples i cut up will only play in mono but if i simply select a different sample, like a slate sample, then bam! it is in stereo with no setting changes being made.

the fact the drumagog took my 7 snare hits and turned them into 14 mono hits is strange. i must be doing something wrong but i dont know what.

Did you maybe save them as mono accidentily after slicing them up?

I have had the same problem with drumagog as well.. after that i tried the very same samples in aptrigga 2 and there was no problem whatsoever.