HELP! computer problem

genocide roach

DOOOOOOOOOOM
Aug 18, 2002
i'm trying to play cd's in my computer but i'm not getting any sound out of the left side. the headphones work and the balance is in the middle. if i switch the balance to the left, i get no sound at all. how do i fix it
~gR~

1. Make sure the jack is correctly inserted, and its fully inside. Only having it partially in will reduce the signal to just one side.

2. In sound settings (gotten through double clicking the speaker icon on your system try), make sure the balance on 'Wave' is set to middle as well, and not just the master component.

2. The app you are using, like winamp or WMP. Check to see if the balance between left and right is correctly set. If not, try playing music in other software.

3. Try the same headphones on a different machine or a portable device.

1. Make sure the jack is correctly inserted, and its fully inside. Only having it partially in will reduce the signal to just one side.

2. In sound settings (gotten through double clicking the speaker icon on your system try), make sure the balance on 'Wave' is set to middle as well, and not just the master component.

2. The app you are using, like winamp or WMP. Check to see if the balance between left and right is correctly set. If not, try playing music in other software.

3. Try the same headphones on a different machine or a portable device.

1. did it. see my previous posts

2. checked that

3. did that
~gR~

wow, i even stumped the tech (i finally got one to come down). he's gonna see if they will swap the sound card...
~gR~