My computer will automatically shut off sometimes, I need help to solve the problem!?

Ok, well I letmy computer go into hibernation mode witohut battery power, is this good? I think I'll let my comp rest on an Encyclopeds tonight.
I got a Toshiba cause it was cheap and seemed good at Wal Mart.

i get that blue screen that says irql not less or equal or whatever after running soulseek for a couple hours or just randomly at any time after i've turned soulseek on anytime and i have to restart my computer. it could happen from 5 minutes after i turn it on to 5 hours after i turn it on and even sometimes after i've shut the program down. does anyone know what could possibly be wrong?

Damn... that's a new one.... look on Soulseek's website on the technical forum if they have one.

Computer might shut down if motherboard is bitching - for example, if the controller (the one that connects your hard drive with motherboard) is fucked up. I had the same prob.

It also might shut down because the overheat:
- if the coefficient of your processor's power has been manually speeded up.
- if BIOS settings have been changed somehow.
- if it has no "breathe", like heating itself from inside and has no way for that heat to go out.
- if hardware is dirty (dust) - as dust is a thermal conductor, - clean the contact-cables that connect cooler and your processor. I had this prob too.

Not on my XP computer...

If you're experiencing the BSOD your video card drivers may have been corrupted. Also make sure that your RAM is not from three different brands. I had 3 different sticks of RAM installed in my PC and got hit by BSODs at random.

If it's not that, then blame it on a dying/faulty motherboard