Help, Computer Question

Constantine

Proud Bass Player IMG
Guys, I need your help.
My computer has been runing like shit the last few weeks, I have less then 200,000 bytes of memory left.
I've been thinking of putting in my recovery CD's to restore my computer to the first day I brought it home.
My concern is my Cool Edit file which I need to record and I have over 800 songs downloaded in my hard drive.
Is there a way I can save Cool Edit onto a CD so I can reload it back into my computer, and what about the 800 songs in my hard drive? Once I install the recovery cd's I lose everything. It would take me months to burn all the songs. I think I'm screwed.
Any adivse guys?

Have you already defragmented the hard drive Constantine?

I think that would be step one.
It would organize your hard drive so it'll run smoother, and probably free up some space at the same time.

If you don't already, it's something that should be done rountinely, more often if you load and unload programs and files a lot.

I degragment my hard drive every 30 days.
I'm begining to think I need to delete programs I no longer use.
My hard drive is only 6GB. My mp3 files are almost 2GB.
I do want to burn them all onto cd's but like all of us, I need to find the time.
I'll try taking out some old programs and let you know how I make out.
Thanks
Constantine

1. Delete your temp files, Internet temp files and cookies
2. run msconfig and make sure you're not running too many programs from start up...anymore than 10 will really cut into your system resources.
3. Empty your recycle bin
4. I'd also check your email program..if your using Outlook Express it's important to keep your folders as empty as possible...get rid of old jokes and stuff..trust me..they'll all come around again anyway
5. Never compromise your MP3's for anything...lol keep 'em all