help identify bands

Zuranthus

Feb 13, 2008
hello
I have a couple of tracks here from back in the Audio Galaxy days, before mp3 tagging became a thing, I wanna see if you guys can give the tracks a listen and help me identify the bands

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2el2929n9s6yq2e/AABlm4-7RJZKx8G6enppVG7Ra?dl=0

you can click on the little speaker icon to listen to the files. all the tracks are titled "Unknown Artist" followed by the beginning letter range of the bands name, I made a couple of guesses but i'm not sure

The one labeled "Unkown Artist At (maybe Atheist)" is indeed Atheist's On They Slay (a demo version). Listened to a couple others so far and haven't recognized any others yet (although "Unkown Artist 3 2" sounds like Swedish death metal to me).

EDIT: The vocalist of "Unkown Artist 3 4" reminds me a little of the Gorefest guy, although the music is a bit too hardcore based on what Gorefest I've heard (but I've never listened to their middle period).

"Ag-Al 3" is Aghora's Immortal Bliss, apparently. The YouTube comments for it suggest that your version is some old keyboard-containing demo that disappeared from the internet a while ago, so that's pretty neat.

I knew it was Atheist!! couldn't narrow down the song

I'm pretty sure that all the "Unknown Artist 3" tracks are from the same band, the bands named started with a 3, or at least that's how it was labeled in AG

I got quite a few tracks from defunct bands and bedroom warriors that can't be found online, speaking of which, if anyone got some "Count Chopula" the band from this comp; http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Anal_Penetration_-_Dwarfophile/5_Way_Split/163735
let me know

thanks for the help HamburgerBoy

Listened to a couple others so far and haven't recognized any others yet (although "Unkown Artist 3 2" sounds like Swedish death metal to me).

EDIT: The vocalist of "Unkown Artist 3 4" reminds me a little of the Gorefest guy, although the music is a bit too hardcore based on what Gorefest I've heard (but I've never listened to their middle period).

Both bands are grindcore and sound influenced by Napalm Death and Brutal Truth, but I have no idea who the bands are.

someone over at metal archives identified "Unkown Artist Be-Bh" as "Bethlehem - Alles tot"

still got a ways to go
I'm gonna start cleaning up the ID'd tracks

"Uknown Artis An" are indeed "...And Oceans" just went through their albums on youtube
pretty sure An-Ar are the same band but can't find which song