help me build my computer!!!!

CadalMord said:
This is pretty much how my upgrade started.
I decided I wanted a better processor, so as an AMD guy I was naturally looking at the socket 939 CPU's. That meant getting a new motherboard and since PCI-Express is now teh shit, I went for a PCI-E mobo and thus had to get a new gfx card. Then I thought I will probably need a better PSU, so off to look at them. And since I was getting all this, I thought why not get a new case too. :loco:

Since I had three 512MB ram sticks, I decided to leave one of them in the old system. So then to get the old system running too, all I needed was some hdd for it. Bought one used and so I now have two systems:

Old system:
AMD AthlonXP 2600+
MSI K7N2-Delta
Club3D Radeon 9600pro
Maxtor 60GB ATA
Apacer 512MB PC3200
LG 52x CD±R/RW
Eurocase MDL5412A BLACK w/ 350W PSU

New system:
AMD Athlon64 3200+
DFI Lanparty UT-nF4 Ultra-D
Club3D Geforce 7800GT (replaced the original cooler with a Zalman VF700-Cu)
2x Seagate Ultra-ATA 200GB
2x Transcend 512MB PC3200
NEC ND-3500A 16x DVD±R/RW
Seasonic S12-430
Compucase Midi-Server 6919

Have to mention about the new CPU that it is supposed to be a temporary solution. I wanted to get an Opteron but since AMD wasn't shipping them anywhere when I bought the new stuff, I decided to go for just some decent CPU at the moment and then get an Opteron later when they're available. Now they seem to be available but I don't have the money just yet :ill:
overclock it man, those venice's overclock like a bastid, even with stock cooler. my venice 3000+ was hitting 2735 on stock hsf, and only even hit 2800 with water... sold that thing for 100 and the dude who bought it hit 2830, but that was its limit... that puts you in fx-57 territory, minus half the cache, which the performance gains from the extra cache is a good 3-5% and thats it.

Wings of a dream said:
So you've got 4 HDs???
hehe i have:
1 30gb
1 80gb
1 120gb
2 160gb
2 200gb

of those, the 80gb is on my computer's dad (which we use for emule downloads), one 200gb is on my games computer and houses game isos and games and all, and the rest is all for media.

and the 30gigger is not in use. i have two old pentium 1 machines but i don't know what to do with them. i already built one with the 30gig and freebsd but then i couldn't think of any use to put it to, and it was noisy as shit so i put it away in my closet.

at the moment for under $2000 Canadian
im running an AMD Athlon 3500 64 bit with a gig of ram 3 HDD's which equals 660 gigs LanParty Nf4 Motherboard an alright Sounblaster and Mid Ranged Radeon with a 17"flat and 5.1 surround all included in the price.

@Elysian
I've never bought any cooling systems for my comps, but I need something to replace the fan I have on my processor. It's loud as fuck, and when I take the fan off the noise goes away, and everytime I buy a new fan the noise comes back. I've tried everything and the noise always comes back. I need something that doesn't cost too much, under 250$? The lower the price the better, I'm planning on building a new comp soon and I don't wanna spend too much more on the one I have.

EagleFlyFree said:
hehe i have:
1 30gb
1 80gb
1 120gb
2 160gb
2 200gb

of those, the 80gb is on my computer's dad (which we use for emule downloads), one 200gb is on my games computer and houses game isos and games and all, and the rest is all for media.

and the 30gigger is not in use. i have two old pentium 1 machines but i don't know what to do with them. i already built one with the 30gig and freebsd but then i couldn't think of any use to put it to, and it was noisy as shit so i put it away in my closet.

Yeah, but that's on DIFFERENT computers....

@computer's dad: yeah ok i'm dumb, where do i sign haha

@wings of a dream: i have two pcs and my dad has one. the pc with the most space i have is one with a 200 and two x 160, for a total of 480gig. but then my two computers are mine and i use them like one (they sit next to each other on my desk too) so it counts for the same system.

therefore... i win :cool:

edit: ok someone has 660gigs, but my personal hard drive space ammounts to 680gig so i do win ^__^ and that doesn't even count the emule incoming space on my COMPUTAR'S DAD
edit 2: nor the spare 30gig

it doesnt have to actually be inside, any hard drive can become external. plus u dont have to have all of them connected at all times, i have 3 of mine off and i plug the cable in to whichever hard drive when im ready to back stuff up

EagleFlyFree said:
ok someone has 660gigs, but my personal hard drive space ammounts to 680gig so i do win ^__^ and that doesn't even count the emule incoming space

Hmm next week I'll have 800GB on this system + the 60GB on my old system. And that's my computers. In addition to my two machines there are three computers in the house, one of which is not in any use really. The two others are my sister's and my parents'.

...and I'm getting tired of all the beer drinking :kickass::loco:o_O ...sleep

Blake said:
it doesnt have to actually be inside, any hard drive can become external. plus u dont have to have all of them connected at all times, i have 3 of mine off and i plug the cable in to whichever hard drive when im ready to back stuff up

True, but external HDs are expensive.