help me choose the right guitar tone

AmirH

meh
Aug 12, 2003
seattle
I did a shoot-out last night with my favorite metal patches and uploaded em to soundclick. I'm trying to pick the best possible tone to use for a short demo. I have two definite favorites now but I could use some other ears as well :)

http://www.soundclick.com/amirhassan

"FS" stands for fullshred and means I used the schecter. "81" is the emg81 in my epi sg. "triple" is a triple rectifier patch based on diabolic5150's live tone, "deity" is a diezel patch I made, "engl" is a powerball patch by TheStoryTeller , BigBottom is Kazrogs patch with and without the tubescreamer engaged(done only with the schecter), and the 5150 patch was also made by the StoryTeller and was posted in his ezdrummer thread. None of these have any post processing yet, and yes- I realize the drums could use work but that's def. never been my forte.

My two favorites at the moment are "bigbottomnoscreamer triple 81" and "bigbottomnoscreamer deityFS" the later of which might need a slight gain reduction but has a clearer high end IMO. Give em all a quick listen though and let me hear your opinions! There won't be any going back for a while after I've decided on the final tone- got a week before school starts again and then there won't be time to re-record anything.