Help me find my Metal type

Unfortunately you've come to a forum who enjoys good metal.

So the only replies you're gonna get are "That's shit". "You're gay".

Try some awful bands like Bullet for My Valentine, and Avenged Sevenfold if you wish to keep in that vein.

Heya, I heard the song "The End - Roadrunner United" and I'm looking for something similar, anyone knows a band that has the same sound? especially on the instrumental part.

Thanks,
Urielnam

A link I find helpful ^^

Uh, yeah, any random alt-rock/nu-metal shit band. That singer is bad even by alternative standards. There's no power or skill behind that moaning. And he looks like he would fit right in in a Panic! At the Disco band photo. The keyboardist and bassist don't even seem to be plugged in. The drummer has some phat triggerz on his bass drums and seems to completely ignore his toms (he looks like a moron, too--he does these huge swings of his drumsticks just to play a basic Lars Ulrich backbeat). The guitarist learned to play about 30 minutes ago.

Since Dream Theater is signed to Roadrunner, does that mean they'll make John Petrucci play solos in the dead spaces in those stupid jumpdafuckup breakdowns?

Now those are some helpful replays.

two questions now apply:
1st) Is there ANY GOOD nu-metal, mathcore or anything similar out there, or is it all crap?

2nd) And that's me branching off, I don't know if you all hate them or something, but I'm also looking for something similar to what Soilwork does, in my opinion, everything they made since Predator's Portrait is pretty good, those clean vocals are really niffty.

I'll keep adding those thanks even thou it might annoy you :)

Thanks, Urielnam

Well, that song was probably one of the most uninspired pieces of "metal" I've ever heard.

But I'll help you out... it's always good to see someone dipping their feet into the ocean of metal.

That songs instrumental part was really, i mean REALLY bland but I suppose you could try out the band Mudvayne (i think that's how you spell it).

OR, you could walk down the path of true metal and check out these albums!!!

Dark Tranquillity - Fiction (for heavier) or Projector (for lighter)
Bruce Dickinson - The Chemical Wedding
Testament - The New Order

Meh... it's worth a try

EDIT

I just saw you liked Soilwork. So in that case, definitely check out the band Dark Tranquillity. They're sort of like them, but in my opinion miles and miles ahead. The album Fiction in particular.

^ this answer wins

or you could listen to opeth, which will lead you into death metal and onward down a lovely path of earcandy

Good, clearly we have gotten on the promised path.
I got some music from a friend.
Opeth and Children of Bodom, I'll give them a spin, and it might take me a while to decide.

I couldn't find anything around at his place by Dark Tranquility.
Shame, I've heard about them in the past.

Bah, I dunno, I wasn't so excited about In-Flames when I last heard some of their stuff. If you have anything specific that'd be perfect. Same thing about Megadeth.

I might be the only one not into Metallica. I really don't like ANYTHING they do. Except maybe a song or two out of S&M, dunno, I like classical elements in my metal, but it's hard to do it right, so I rarely hear anything decent.

Any more thoughts?

Get these:

Dream_Theater_-_Train_of_Thought.jpg

Dream_Theater_-_Octavarium.jpg

My two least favorite Dream Theater albums, but they're relatively accessible and more in line with your musical tastes. On second thought, their new album Systematic Chaos has modern elements and is better than either of those two by a huge margin.

If you want classical elements, Therion's Lemuria is mandatory:
Therion_-_Lemuria.jpg

just keep listening to MTV it'll tell you everything you want to hear...

and avoid metalheads if you don't like being reminded you have bad taste.

It's quite a big step from nu-metal to Opeth.
yea, but quite a lot of these people who know metal only as far as Messuggah and Dillinger Escape Plan and otherwise only listen to a range of pop and rock tend to also like Opeth, for some reason. (just something I've observed from hundreds of profile website pages (like myspace.com, but 18+)

Try listening to In Flames, it's one step in the proper direction.

their early work, at least.

Heya, I heard the song "The End - Roadrunner United" and I'm looking for something similar, anyone knows a band that has the same sound? especially on the instrumental part.

Thanks,
Urielnam

A link I find helpful ^^

Holy hell... painful...

Anyways... you should seriously think about getting into some better music.. Good introduction would be Lamb of God, Shadows Fall, Opeth, Norma Jean... stuff like that. These are some decent starter bands that will either make you want to listen to heavier stuff (which then you should come back and lurk the forum for a while), or make you realize you don't like metal.

edit- Jesus Christ... I got curious and went to see who all did these songs on the RRU CD. So I see Glenn Benton did the vocals for a song, so I decide to listen... And I'll be damned if they didn't let Slipknot write the guitar riff... I wanted' to throw my computer.

Now those are some helpful replays.

two questions now apply:
1st) Is there ANY GOOD nu-metal, mathcore or anything similar out there, or is it all crap?

2nd) And that's me branching off, I don't know if you all hate them or something, but I'm also looking for something similar to what Soilwork does, in my opinion, everything they made since Predator's Portrait is pretty good, those clean vocals are really niffty.
/QUOTE]
It's "reply" ffs.
Anyhow. Nu metal...good...not really.
Try these:
Soilwork - Stabbing The Drama
In Flames - Clayman, Colony
Dark Tranquility - Fiction
not nu metal, but some elements of it.

I god some music from a friend.
Opeth and Children of Bodom, I'll give them a spin, and it might take me a while to decide.
Opeth is good, but it can be hard to get into - a little overwhelming.

Bah, I dunno, I wasn't so excited about In-Flames when I last heard some of their stuff. If you have anything specific that'd be perfect. Same thing about Megadeth.
What did you hear from IF?
Anyhow.
Megadeth - Peace Sells and Rust In Peace are classics. You may want to try those.

@threadstarter
Just go out and BUY In Flames - The Jester Race. An essential cd to get you into MDM and eventually folk/black if you're lucky.
Definitely. After that get Dark Tranquility - The Gallery. It's extremely complex and kinda overwhelming, but a great album.

Here are some generally recognized classics. Not a full list, though.

Bathory - Hammerheart, Under The Sign Of The Black Mark, Blood Fire Death
Emperor - In The Nightside Eclipse
Morbid Angel - Altars Of Madness, Blessed Are The Sick, Covenant
Death - Scream Bloody Gore, Individual Thought Patterns, etc
Kreator - Pleasure To Kill
Helloween - Keeper Of The Seven Keys
bored of list now. Try these for starters. Can't go wrong here.

Assumed he knew about those...

Judas Priest - Screaming For Vengeance, Sad Wings Of Destiny, Painkiller
Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden, Somewhere In Time, Piece Of Mind
Venom - Black Metal, Welcome To Hell
Motorhead - Ace Of Spades, No Sleep Till Hammersmith, Bomber