Help me find my Metal type

I got it right. Piece of Mind and Iron Maiden have more classics than their respective successors. Obviously those will follow, the ones I recommended are for introduction to maiden.
And I never liked SSOASS.

If you don't shut up about Judas Priest this will inevitably devolve into the Priest song name game.

I got it right. Piece of Mind and Iron Maiden have more classics than their respective successors. Obviously those will follow, the ones I recommended are for introduction to maiden.
And I never liked SSOASS.

Piece of Mind I can understand, but the self-titled? Sure, the self -titled album has classics like Phantom of the Opera and Remember Tomorrow, but Killers is a far more consistent album.

Get these:

Dream_Theater_-_Train_of_Thought.jpg

Dream_Theater_-_Octavarium.jpg

My two least favorite Dream Theater albums, but they're relatively accessible and more in line with your musical tastes. On second thought, their new album Systematic Chaos has modern elements and is better than either of those two by a huge margin.

If you want classical elements, Therion's Lemuria is mandatory:
Therion_-_Lemuria.jpg

Good call on the Therion, but Train of Thought kills Systematic Chaos

just get fucking powerslave

TELL ME WHY I HAD TO BE A POWERSLAVE!!!

I'd take TNotB over SSoaSS myself

I think I'm one of the few people who really digs Brave New World, as well...

but seriously powerslave is the best.

I also really like Brave New World.
I never really liked TNotB as an album. It's got Hallowed, Run to the Hills, 22 Acacia, and the title track (which I feel is overrated), but that's it. Mostly because Gangland is kind of an embarrassment. Also, Invaders was an inauspicious beginning for Viking Metal
*ducks before someone complains that Viking metal is not a genre*

I also really like Brave New World.
I never really liked TNotB as an album. It's got Hallowed, Run to the Hills, 22 Acacia, and the title track (which I feel is overrated), but that's it. Mostly because Gangland is kind of an embarrassment. Also, Invaders was an inauspicious beginning for Viking Metal
*ducks before someone complains that Viking metal is not a genre*
The chorus of "Invaders" is so bad that Bruce sounded downright whiny on it. Worst Maiden opener ever.

The chorus of "Invaders" is so bad that Bruce sounded downright whiny on it. Worst Maiden opener ever.

Hell yes. I don't see why people like that song. It's one of few outright bad Maiden songs, along with The Angel and the Gambler, From Here to Eternity, New Frontier etc.

Ok, few things,
1st - I updated the first post to reflect the new change of direction I've had in the last few days. I would also like to thank Arik (even though he might never see this, he really had the biggest impact by forcing me to hear Opeth)

2nd - I'm currently enjoying greatly some songs from Opeth's Albums "Still Life" "Ghost Reveries" and "My Arms, your Hearse" as well as a bit of Children of Bodom

3rd - I'm taking all your suggestions and trying to forge a "A starter guide for getting into Metal "for idiots like me who where approaching Metal. So, for the few next months I'd like you to help me come up with a list for beginners, things that are really generally good, and not into a very specific subject.

Thanks guys, just listening to Opeth right now is great, I can't wait to get that Dark Tranquility Album.

Oh, and for the guy that suggested I'd get Soilwork's album. I've listened to all of Soilwork's Discography, I just LOVE them. Soilwork OWN!!