Help me find some Metal-CD-DvD Stores in NY

Md Player

Demons race into my eyes
Oct 31, 2004
Istanbul,Turkey
So,My friend is going to New York,USA for short a term in couple of days.I will order him to buy some stuff that I cant find in my country(Mainly New Quo Vadis DvD: Defiant Indoctrination,and some Death metal albums).He has no clue where to find these type of Metal cd stores.Can you give me some store names and adresses where he can find these rare metal stuff.\m/

Thanx for your help...

There really aren't very many good metal stores in NYC. In fact, I can't think of a single one.

HOWEVER, your friend really needs to find a way to get to Fords, New Jersey (about 30 minutes from NYC) and visit Vintage Vinyl. It's got the single largest selection of metal CDs that I've ever seen (and I've been to several metal stores worldwide, Europe included).

Info at www.vvinyl.com

MadeInNewJersey said:
There really aren't very many good metal stores in NYC. In fact, I can't think of a single one.

HOWEVER, your friend really needs to find a way to get to Fords, New Jersey (about 30 minutes from NYC) and visit Vintage Vinyl. It's got the single largest selection of metal CDs that I've ever seen (and I've been to several metal stores worldwide, Europe included).

Info at www.vvinyl.com

yeah,thanks dude for the advice but i asked him and he said he wont leave NYC.:confused:So NY is my only chance.

Then your friend is out of luck, unless big lame record store chains are his thing (i.e. HMV, Virgin Megastore, etc.).

I live here, and trust me when I tell you there are NO quality metal stores in New York City.

NYC is the home to a GREAT privately owned music store named J&R Music World. They have almost everything....tons of imports, etc.

Again, they have over 30 different Deep Purple titles, for example. Name a band they usually have it.

www.jandr.com

they also sell tons of electronics, too.

Also, about 35 minutes East of NYC is an AWESOME metal record store names Slipped Disc Records! They also stock guitars, shirts, clothing, books, etc.

www.slippeddiscrecords.com

I take it back, J&R is a very cool store. Still doesn't have the selection of Vintage Vinyl, but it IS in Manhattan.

Slipped Disc though? That place is ok, I guess, but it's nowhere NEAR as stocked as Vintage Vinyl.

It's in Fords, NJ, which is about 1 mile from where the NJ Turnpike & the Garden State Pkwy cross (i.e. exit 130 on the GSP, onto Route 1). Think Edison-area. About 30 miles south of William P.

Pretty easy to get to also. You can get directions, etc. at the site - www.vvinyl.com

Don't go without a lot of money, you'll hate yourself :lol: