Help me ID a band/vocalist? (SOLVED)

punch77

New Metal Member
Jul 25, 2018
Hi, I'm new here and I'm trying to remember the name of a band I saw on a concert channel, back in 2012. I had just moved into my house, and the cable company was giving me a free two weeks of live concert channels (I think Palladia was one)...

Anyway, there was a festival going on which, as I recall, featured (among many others) Alice Cooper, Ozzy Osborne,... I think Def Leppard was in there... (sorry, my memory is fuzzy on it - I might be confusing this festival with another one on a different channel that week, which featured bands like Foreigner, Asia, etc.)

But I do remember seeing an older band (lead singer must've been in his sixties at the time), and they were playing a slightly smaller stage or indoor venue. But they rocked HARD, and this red-headed, sixty-something singer (wearing sunglasses) sounded literally like he was 25, hitting high notes effortlessly. I couldn't believe it. Seems like the band had a 3-word name of some sort - similar to "Black Oak Arkansas", although it clearly wasn't them. Something like "Black Mountain... something"?? Seems like it involved a place, like a mountain range or similar.

Anyway, does anyone have any guesses as to who it might've been? I've been racking my brain (and yes, Googling) for a couple weeks now, and I'd sure love to finally solve it.

[And, apologies if this turns out to be a well-known band. I'm more into hard rock, melodic rock and even pop, but I do like to indulge in heavier stuff from time to time. Thanks.]

Good guess, but no, it definitely wasn't BSR/Warwick. The guy I saw is probably about 15 years older than Warwick (since he looked to be at least in his early sixties back in 2012).

And yeah, when I say "red headed", I mean he was probably coloring his hair dark red the day I saw him, but it looked like it might've been his natural color when he was younger..

Hey thanks for trying!

Sounds like Glenn Hughes and Black Country Communion.

THAT'S THE GUY! Looks like the cable channel must've been showing the entire 'Black Country Communion - LIVE Over Europe' DVD, because I remember seeing the following performance, among many others:

Thanks a million, Atomic Tide! Marking this as Solved.

Reactions: Atomic Tide