help me make a good "depressive" compilation!

Slipknot - some song
Korn - some song
50 Cent - In Da Club
Metallica - St. Anger
N*Flaymz - the quiet place
Chimaira - some song

and finally...

Right Said Fred - I'm Too Sexy (for this song)

You'll die.

Jean-Pierre said:
Slipknot - some song
Korn - some song
50 Cent - In Da Club
Metallica - St. Anger
N*Flaymz - the quiet place
Chimaira - some song

and finally...

Right Said Fred - I'm Too Sexy (for this song)

You'll die.

:rolleyes:

Mourning Beloveth - Narcissistic Funeral
Mourning Beloveth - All Hope Is Pleading
Abyssic Hate - Depression Pt I & II, Despondency
Sentenced - The Cold White Light CD (though I am not really into this kind of music myself, you may be)
Judas Priest - Beyond the Realms of Death
Dismember - And So Is Life
Paradise Lost - Crying For Eternity
Despond - Moonlight Suicide
Cultus Sanguine - Highest Depression
Forgotten Tomb - Colourless Despondency
Bethlehem - pretty much anything by them

Life Sucks said:
Sentenced - The Cold White Light CD (though I am not really into this kind of music myself, you may be)

thx for the reply
I'm into all kinds of music, actually
anyway, the idea of this thread was to make a depressive compilation
but some ppl confuse depression with darknes.. :Spin:

1. Opeth - Harvest
2. Katatonia - Day
2. Dark Suns - The whole "Swanlike" album
3. Nocte Obducta - Vorbei
4. Swallow The Sun - Under Waves
5. Agalloch - You Were But A Ghost In My Arms
6. Death - Vocie Of The Soul (instrumental)
7. Opeth - Epilogue - a very good end for a sampler ;)

Erik said:
"Nocturnal Poisoning" is Xasthur's best, I feel, though "The Funeral of Being" contains their best song, "Awakening to the Unknown Perception of Evil." Xasthur is rapidly becoming redundant because they release several albums a year of absolutely same-sounding material... The initial ideas aren't bad, though, and I feel "Nocturnal Poisoning" is the most accomplished implementation of them.
Yeah Nocturnal Poisoning is easily his best work, every song is excellent. The Funeral of Being lacks direction and structure, I actually think it's probably his poorest effort. I know everyone thinks the new two albums are horrid but I really thought they were both very good, with "To Violate the Oblivious" being a top notch release. Songs like "Screaming at Forgotten Fears" and "Apparitional Void of Failure" show Malific playing around with some new and very interesting ideas...

Lykathea said:
The Funeral Of Being is such an utterly miserable album. It puts me in an awful mood whenever I listen to it, very very depressive. I haven't heard Nocturnal Poisoning, but if it's anything like AGTBM it's pretty dull. AGTBM is such a BORING album.

The Funeral Of Being isn't his best, but it contains Bleak Necrotic Paleness which is one of the most depressing riffs I've heard in AGES. I agree with Erik about practically every point he made, including that Nocturnal Poisoning is Xasthur's best. Scott's been getting lazy about music lately, and its evident in his self-mocking musical compositions (he often recycles riffs and ideas in his more recent albums).

If, for some reason, you'd be interested in reading a review of Nocturnal Poisoning, I just so happen to have a decent/good one here.

Shining surely is the most depressive band out there...

Within Deep Dark Chambers, Livets Ändhållplats and Angst are all really depressive albums and not for people with suicidal tendencies.