Help me pick a new recording rig?

Which should I go with?

• Total voters
I just decided to pull the trigger, and ordered the old MBP, 2.4ghz model. Hopefully I'll still manage to get one, as I called the store I was originally going to buy it from, and they'd been sold out already. If not, the place I ordered it from is still getting one shipment of the old 2.5ghz MBP's, so I'll then probably try to get one of those. Or then I might just order the PC since I don't want to pay nearly €200 more just to get 100mhz more power.

Wish me luck!

Congrats on your latest purchase.

I have an abit motherboard, and like you and Noteurn have experienced, mine is shocking. USB doesn't work on most slots, crashes frequently, Can't run more than 4 chains of tss---> Software amp ---> Impulses without crashing and producing a fuck load of errors. The spec of my pc is good, 2.13 C2D, 1 GB ram (3 GB on monday), 250 gb audio drive, 80gb system drive, 6800xt graphics (ooold :)) Vista... yeah. Should run great but doesn't and given all the other problems with the motherboard I hold it as the most likely culprit.

Just thought people might want to know for future reference.

Joe

*Edit* same problems with xp so not a vista problem

Got my 2,5ghz MBP with 4gb ram yesterday (2,4ghz models were unfortunately sold out already), and it seems pretty blazing fast. Only had about one hour to mess with it yesterday though. I'm gonna install OSX Reaper and DFH Superior into it today and try it out. Overall, I'm pretty happy with it, even though I've hardly used it yet.

But anyway, thanks for the help guys, even though I decided not to follow your advice after all, haha!