Help Me Please!!!! (Logic9)

benjy

Jun 8, 2012
So i have just purchases logic pro 9 and am not very familiar with it ive used it a few hours. i have also never recorded before and have zero experience using any kind of recording stuff. i have a mac book pro with an i7 8 gb hard drive, a focusrite pro 14 interface, and my guitars. I have been trying to use the lecto but i cannot get any sound out of the thing for the life of me. can some one please show me how to create a new track and make a good chain like tse99-lecto-lecab. Oh and im using the lecab2 for mac. Again will someone show me how to create a new track with a good chain and what seems to work best. I am about to lose my mind over this please helpppp meeee! All and any help is greatly appreciated unless you want to tell me to figure it out myself then you hurt my feelings. any who thanks in advance guys.

I am a REAPER guy, so 0 Logic knowledge here, but i can do a search on YT ;)

This came up with these search keywords: logic 9 effects guitar

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you i actually viewed some stuff by that same guy ha don't know how i missed that. Okay question. I am using lecto what how do i simulate the cab? i have a marshall 4x12 from redewirez i got for free. Another guy using reaper i believe used reverence. So what would be a logic pro equivalent to that? Thanks.

I am using lecto what how do i simulate the cab? i have a marshall 4x12 from redewirez i got for free.

You need some kind of an impulse response (IR) loader.
You can use a dedicated cab sim, or a reverb.
IDK if there are any free good ones for a Mac.

Hey benjy,

in logic you can use "Space Designer" which is a convolution reverb. So you can use it as impulse loader with impulse responses like rewirez or anything else. I use LeCab for that purpose.

like the man said use the logic Space designer plug in , it will load any 3rd party cab impulses .

Hey guys thanks for the response I'll try the thing in logic...but i found the lecab2 for mac and it runs great for me so we will see how they compare. Oh and should i run eq and such after my chain which is currently tuner>ts999>lecto>lecab2 which i then load my free rediwirez marshall with ) inches from the cap. Oh and when i load the redwirez which KHz and Bit should i choose?

Hey guys thanks for the response I'll try the thing in logic...but i found the lecab2 for mac and it runs great for me so we will see how they compare. Oh and should i run eq and such after my chain which is currently tuner>ts999>lecto>lecab2 which i then load my free rediwirez marshall with ) inches from the cap. Oh and when i load the redwirez which KHz and Bit should i choose?

44.1Khz/24 bit is standard. Try using high pass and low pass filters after lecab. Setting them to around 70-100Hz and 8-12Khz respectively will help to clear the sound up a bit. The EQ will be helpful too, especially if you're using the amp sim in a mix instead of just for jamming/tracking.

Okay thanks. sorry for being stupid haha but what are the filters? are there any in logic or will i need to download them. I am trying to mix but it is somewhat overwhelming taking on all of this haha.

High pass will let through only high frequencies and low pass will only let through low frequencies, both will most probably give you a control over at what frequency the border of pass/no pass will be and how smooth the border will be (Q).

Okay thanks. sorry for being stupid haha but what are the filters? are there any in logic or will i need to download them. I am trying to mix but it is somewhat overwhelming taking on all of this haha.

What Mutant said. You might find that some filters have a control to adjust dB/Octave instead of the Q control he mentioned. Both of these are used to adjust how heavily the filter attenuates the frequencies after the cut off point. Logic's channel EQ has high pass and low pass filters built into it. If you look along the top of the plugin window where the buttons to enable different bands are, there are buttons on the far left and right to switch the filters on.

Any recommendations on eq as well i.e basic settings? Oh and logic has a high and low shelving eq in addition to the regular eq stuff like channel and single and stuff.

Oh and where are the khz settings when i go to low pass filter and high pass all i get is a Hz and a couple of other things like an n or something. and when i did that i lost sound to my track.