help me to design/build a control room!

Soffit mounting is mounting the speaker so the baffle is the size of the wall it is mounted in to.

1147666876.jpg

This helps because low frequencies don't radiate through 360 degrees, and as such dont produce phasing issues to such an extent. It also stops diffraction from the edge of the speaker because theres no edge so nothing to diffract around.

Does that help? :)

Joe

ok i wasn't aware of the fact that this is called soffit mounting :D

but this is not possible, just for the fact that i sometimes have to switch the studio and i'm take my ref monitors with me. also i cant build the wall that strong that it wont be resonating. so i stick with the "monitor on the big desk" version

actually i could build something that is strong enough but the waterpump must be somehow accessable. so i cant do this in this case+i need to have them movable because of studio switching.

in a few days i will start the project and i'll keep you updated with some pics of my project.

i've been taught that soffit mounting is a good idea if you can make the wall holding the monitors really sturdy. Otherwise it usually isn't worth it, so you're better of using monitor stands for convenience's sake.

Yeah, it would be a pointless exercise unless it was rigid as fuck. No point introducing something that could resonate or allow your monitors to wobble around if you can't do it right.

Joe