My studio build...hopefully weekly update!

Finally could start work on it again...

Finished sizes:
Live room: 3.30 meter x 4.20 meter ( height will be from 2.20 meter running up to 2.70 meter )
Control room: 2,5 meter x 3,8 meter
Storage: 2,50 meter x 1 meter

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Last saturday we've finished the framing for the walls. After that we started with the ceiling, it's coming together nicely. I've got 5 63x160mm beams. These are spaced so that every MDF sheet has it's outside and exact middle attached to the beams. In between that spacing we have the regular 40x90cm, which is also supported crosswise from above. It's still a work in progress, but it's slowly getting there. Once we finish that up we can start with the electricity.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Hi funky

Just a few thougts of your CR design.
If i were you, i won`t go the slat resonator way at the side walls!!
1. The angel is to narrow, to create a good working RFZ
2. Braodband treatment down to the schröder frequency is needed at this points.

I know the popular desins on Johns forum well, but i bet John, or another "REAL" designer would do this kind of design, in any payed projects.

A small room like yours nedd much of treatment, and it have to work around the whole needed frequency area.
You should rethink about this design a few days and nights, and re read rods book 2 or 3 times.

cheers
Mika

Thanks Mika.

The whole plan that was initially launched on the first page is completelly rethinked. The control room will be next to the live room. Unfortunatelly it will be a bit smaller, all walls will be build inside out tho..
If you have any more input feel free to share.

Update.
Got a lot of the insulation done yesterday, it was actually more work than I expected. But I eventually got to the point for what I aimed to do. Als moved the gypsum boards so I have space to finish framing on my control room and closet. That's my target for this week actually.

Attached is also the control room plan, created by someone with knowledge about acoustics. So I'm really stoked with that.

I'm actually really happy with the progress, and it seems it's getting better and better each step. Hopefully in 2 months I can put all my stuff in there.

Ceiling construction
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

I have got the first 2 layers of the ceiling almost finished, needed to keep a space open for my silencer. Hopefully I will have the ductliner next week. First layer is gypsem board, 2nd layer MDF. I will wait with the 3 layer until I can close it completely with the silencer in place. Worked hard this weekend.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

UPDATE!

I've done a lot over the past 2 weeks, well I'd like to think that. :)..
The doors are in, last layer of gypsum is applied, first walls of the control room are also done, window borders are made.

I've found the EU equivalent of OC 703. Rockwool apparently it's not Rockwool 223 anymore, they now name it Rockwool Marine Slab 55, however, on the label it still says 223 :roll: . Allready picked them up, and hopefully I can start with acoustic treatment on saturday.

This week the plasterer is coming for the walls an ceiling (hopefully allready tonight), he was supposed to come later this week since he first had to finish work in his sisters house, when I was over handing him the keys of my house & studio he told me to make sure water was available for him to access for today. Since I'm not there the whole day and evening, maybe when I get back from band practice around 1-ish at night I'll be surprised :eek: .

The doors were placed end of may. I have 2 doors, which are both 6 cm thick. They exists of a solid hardwood core, and a thin (1mm) steel plate on both sides of the door finishing up with a 2 mm on both sides. (pics attached).

Bought laminate last saturday, don't have a pic of that yet. The floor will first be layed out with rubber tiles, these tiles are normally used in a gym or some sort. My uncle owns 2 gyms, and on restoration they layed 500m2 in both his gyms. But after 3 weeks they tiles allready started showing damage on the top coating, which is no problem, but it looks ugly. So he got it all out and replaced with something else, and I could pick up the tiles that I needed.. These tiles are firm but good enough to put a layer of laminate on top of it. The tiles are about 15mm thick, and the laminate is 8mm.

Without further ado, here are the pics.
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Not completelly finished yet, but have allready been recording out of this place.
The control has got most work to do, the ceiling and finsihing details especially!
The front skins from the kicks are still from my old band, lol. I've got another live kit, and haven't bothered yet tearing the stickers off or getting new heads.
Also need to get my desk done, this thing is really unhandy, and I've got everything in an hardcase on the floor..

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg