My studio build...hopefully weekly update!

As for progress. Had talks with a couple of guys who could dig the hole for me, but pffff most we're way to expensive. Unbelievable!
Some guys dared to charge me up to 1500 euro just to dig a hole and fill it with sand.
Anyhow, this morning I got two guys who will do it for 500 euro. The job is planned for next week thursday.
Then I have a whole week to prepare everything for the concrete slab.

Due to the fact that the first meter is in my ground is peat, I will need to dig 1 meter deep holes (where the actual "hard sand" start) of 25cm diameter. Do that every meter around, and put reinforced concrete in those columns. So I've got some preperations ahead of me! The concrete should be coming 2nd week of June...

Other option was to complete dig out a hole of 7 x 5 x 1 (deep) meter, and fill that with sand. But according to local contractors, these columns should work, and it will be sufficient enough.

This saturday I'm starting with the control room. Cleaning the space and preparing it for framing.

So expect photos coming this weekend..

So.....update...
Been working hard today, most of the stuff is garden work and cleaning the "garage" to get things going in there.
First let's start with some photos:

I needed to move still another 40 packs of insulation and 40 MDF sheets out of here:
P1010318.JPG

No, where has that stuff gone?
P1010313.JPG

P1010315.JPG

P1010317.JPG

So the place is no free of all the big packs & stuff, this week I'll be focusing on getting everything from the inside stripped:
P1010320.JPG

The first things I need to do after I've completelly stripped everything inside is:
- Remove the doors & replace it with a new wall
- Replacing the window, once I have that done I have a great view on the garden while mixing and being busy
- Removing the beams accross, they do not carry anything or hold anything up. I only need to get claws first to fix the roof to the walls first
- Filling up some holes with concrete
- Level the floor
- Redoing the roof with new tiles
- So...greatttttttt..lot's of work to do before actually starting :)

P1010330.JPG

And finally some shots of what's supposed to happen to the actual live room I'm creating:
3 of the 2 walls are "inside out", all walls aren't parallel
studio-buiten.jpg

studio-top.jpg

studio-perspectief.jpg

studio-perspectief2.jpg

Anyhow...done a shitload of work today, tired...and still got a lot of work to do! But I'm looking forward to it....

So...couple of orders have been made!
- Thursday gardening guys are coming to complete destroy & rebuild my garden. Bunch of trees will be removed, foundation wil be dug.
- Saturday I'll be preparing everything for the concrete slab
- Next Friday ( ;) )...I'm getting stoned..uhm no..the concrete will be delivered..

After putting these orders through it now really feels like it's starting to get serious!

So, whats up with the weekly update :) ?

And another question:
Ik weet dat ze in nederland echt enorm kunnen mierenneuken met de vergunning, maar hoever is het eigenlijk mogelijk/legaal om een ruimte te bouwen zonder ramen?

So, whats up with the weekly update :) ?

And another question:
Ik weet dat ze in nederland echt enorm kunnen mierenneuken met de vergunning, maar hoever is het eigenlijk mogelijk/legaal om een ruimte te bouwen zonder ramen?

Unfortunatelly it all was a lot delayed, with off course the reason that you can't 100% trust on people and their schedules.

Fortunatelly the whole garden has been re-arranged (flattened out) and the've dug everything and filled it with the proper sand to poor conrete on.

As for permits the local government started bitching...again something you do not want.

So to sort of get around the whole procedure, I've opted on ordering a specific shed that's just within the permit licenses and now I can get around the local government bitching. It's still a 5 x 6 meter building, which is awesome only the roof slants a bit, which makes the side walls a bit lower, but it's actually cool since I won't get a "flat" roof, and slanted inside so more awesome on the acoustics.

Anyhow....now we have a what we call "bouwvak" in Holland, that's 3 weeks where in all construction doesn't work. Which means the concrete won't be poored also now. Next week (hoping hoping hoping) the guy comes in and helps me with preparation for the conrete slab.

Anyhow, no delays, hopefully non from now on. In the meantime I have kept myself busy with destroying the path next to the house that needed replacement... 20 tiles of 1 x 1.2 meter and 30 cm thick reinforced concrete. That just broke my back, and I cursed the guy who poored that shit in there. I'll post pictures of progress in the next days and explain some more...

@arvoitus - Gewoon je ramen erin tekenen, erin zetten en daarna blokkeren. Zelfde geldt voor de ventilatie in je spouwmuur eventueel, die willen ze ook zien...gewoon tekenen, er in zetten daarna weer helemaal blokkeren, even wat extra werk maar dan gaan ze niet zeiken. Bij mij gingen ze zeiken om de ruimte. Omdat ik niks meer mocht bouwen van hun op mijn stuk van 1000 m2....waar 200 m2 van bebouwd is...jaja...het is een verschrikking. 800 m2 waar je niks op mag bouwen gezeik. Maar omdat ik nu een blokhut nam, van hout mocht het wel weer...rare gemeentelijke zaken hebben ze hier soms! Echt niet normaal.

Alright cool, i'm looking forward to the progress!

@funky animal, mijn ouders hadden hetzelfde probleem toen ze een stuk gingen aanbouwen. Bij de aanbouw zat al over de complete breedte van de ruimte een raam van bijna 8 vierkante meter en 2 dakramen. Maar ze gingen nog zeuren dat er in een andere muur per see een raam moest komen, dus toen hebben we ook gewoon dat raam erbij laten tekenen.

Maar tijdens de bouw kwamen ze controleren of alles wel klopte (en de muren stonden er al) en die inspecteur merkte dus op dat er nog een raam moest komen. We hebben toen geblufd dat het raam er later uit gefreesd zou worden. Nooit meer last van gehad :) maar wat een zeikers zijn het toch. Succes ermee!

Finally progresssssss..

Anyhow, yesterday I've been busy preparing everything for the concrete. I think the pictures speak for itself, the concrete is coming tuesday. The house come later that week, and I'll be ready to start building it on 11th september. Luckily I'll have plenty of help coming that day and some days after that.

First offcourse making sure everything was leveled:
24-08-10-f1.jpg

And the finished product:
24-08-10-f2.jpg

Update time. Yesterday (31st august) it was finally time to poor the concrete.
First of, I owe a lot to this guy, Frank, helping me out so far. While his wife is one the verge of delivering a baby, he spend 2 evenings with me tot prepare the concrete casket, and after polishing/buffing the concrete floor.
studio-31-08-10_frank.jpg

So here's the pics of yesterday:

This thing just hung over my head out of nothing:
studio-31-08-10_1.jpg

Ow...forgot it was attached to this:
studio-31-08-10_2.jpg

Then I made a very quick shot before running to the hose and guiding the concrete into it's place (yes that's my finger):
studio-31-08-10_3.jpg

Everything has been pored, vibrated and made it as flat as humanly possible, for me:
studio-31-08-10_4.jpg

This morning, after polishing:
studio-31-08-10_5.jpg

studio-31-08-10_6.jpg

Now I seriously hope they will be quick with delivery of the shed, since the weather is getting worse; more rain, wind and colder.

Very exciting dude, can't wait to see updates!

I really miss gardens like that - that's the same kind of house I lived in while I stayed in Germany, and it was the perfect place for parties and drinking games. Just not the same in America!

Progress.. yesterday (thursday 7th october) the "shed" was delivered...finally. It was delayed by 10 weeks. Positive thing is I got a small discount.

Anyhow, here is how it looks now:
samuelstudios-081010-12.jpg

samuelstudios-081010-11.jpg

To get a good overview, I finished live room part of the studio in sketchup.
The outer size = 5.8 m x 4.8 meter. The control room will be attached in the front, thiswill be a size of 3 x 5.8 meter. But for now I will first focus on the live room.
The roof of the control room will be immediatelly there tho!
samuelstudios-081010-1.jpg

samuelstudios-081010-2.jpg

samuelstudios-081010-3.jpg

samuelstudios-081010-4.jpg

This is the plan, from out to in:
44MM pine | 12.5MM Gypsum | insulation 140kg/m3 | AIR GAP | 12.5MM Gypsum | 15MM MDF | 12.5MM Gypsum | insulation 140kg/m3
samuelstudios-081010-5.jpg

Top view:
samuelstudios-081010-6.jpg

And some nice renders:
samuelstudios-081010-7.jpg

samuelstudios-081010-8.jpg

samuelstudios-081010-9.jpg

samuelstudios-081010-10.jpg

Upcoming weeks I will deffinatelly have more update pics since finally I can really start now!