help me

Hiril Evenstar

New Metal Member
Mar 14, 2003
Italy
Visit site
please, Help me! I just have got "The olden domain", I love it...I wanna more! Which Borknagar album do you think I should buy first? I love the double voices and the mix folk/black...

Hard to say. Their three latest albums, "The Archaic Course", "Quintessence" and "Empiricism" are all brilliant in their own special way. I tend to favour Empiricism, but this is a topic that the Borknagar fans don't agree on. Buy one of the abovementioned albums and you won't be disappointed. Preferably, buy all of them at once.

My favorite album is the "self titled" which happens to be their first. All are great!!

Download "Svartskogs Gilde" off kazaa or something and that will make you want to buy the whole album!! best borknagar song ever!! My favorite drum fill of all time is in that song hahah :) (about the 5:00 mark)

BTW, "Svartskogs Gilde" = "Black woods organization"???

Yeah, you should check out the self-titled album since it's the closest you'll get to The Olden Domain, musically and the vocals (Garm). It's got even more of that old, pagan feeling. The production is a bit noisy, but whatever.
There are not that many parts that features clean vocals, but when it does it's just amazing. The song "Dauden" is my favourite (features Garm's brilliant clean voice). If you like his voice as much as I do you should probably check out Arcturus and some of Ulver's earlier albums too. Enjoy!

:dEEpgrEEn: said:
mmm....
all borknagar's albums are incredible and magic!
i suggest u to buy the arcaic curse first!
hail!
I think what our grammatically challenged friend is suggesting to you is that you buy The Archaic Course. To be honest, I couldn't agree with him more. While I love the virtuosic keyboards and drums of Lazare and Asgeir, respectively, I just think that Oystein's songwriting really achieved its peak with Archaic Course. Christ, Oceans Rise is enough of a reason to buy that CD alone.

Thank you all...Yeah Garm's voice is absolutely fantastic, I like also Ulver (Bergtatt particularly) and Arcturus (La masquerade infernale)...Maybe the archaic curse will be my first choice(when I'll have the money to...:-(