Olden Domain / Archaic Course

Soviet Imperator

105mm Howitzer
Jul 26, 2002
Stalingrad
Visit site
I've got Quintessence and Empiricism, and I've ordered the Olden Domain and the Archaic course - but they haven't arrived yet.

You comrades seem to be more experienced than I on this subject, so any input on merits of either of the two albums (OD and AC) would be greatly apprecited. Any opinions, favoured tracks or just comments.

'Soviet'

I know im your better half and all but why dont you form an oppinion of your own darling, then maybe you can get on with running my world?

The Archaic Course is without a doubt the better album. As a matter of fact, it's my personal favorite. The opening track, Oceans Rise is a fuckin' masterpiece.

Cheers

While I agree with Ezaphen Archaic Course is a great album, the Olden Domain is and will always be my fav. Garm's voice just does something for me, it reminds me of the days when the Norwegian scene was fresh, Ulver was a great band IMO, Nattens Madrigal is probably one of the best bm albums of all time.

Archaic Course is my personal favorite, but I have yet to hear the first 2 w/ Garm, so my tastes could surely change. One thing's for sure, the 2 newest w/ Vintersorg are, erm, different to me. They don't have the same "epic" quality that the others do. But that's just my opinion.

im in an arguementative mood. get over it(actually im just winding soviet uphe's just got into bork but would rather go along with what everyone else thinks about them than forming his own, he'd get what i meant by contradicting myself, its to wind him up ,hes my man, he loves me, he'll find it hilarious.

personally i think that OLDEN DOMAIN
is one of the best album in epic black metal

i think ARCHAIC COURSE is a transition album
i personally don't like it so much
i don't like the songwriting and there is a lack on the rythm section too.

however also transition albums serves the evolution:D

i think that OLDEN DOMAIN is full of pathos:)

it is a great album 'cause it have real atmospheres it is raw but in the meantime is arranged a lot.

the songwriting is really complex but not without sens...

and then listen to the connection between the keyboards and the guitar it is unbelievable how it work toward this cd.

i don't know but i like it alot...:D