Help: Native Speaker needed (English)

HeadCrusher

Mar 20, 2002
Visit site
Hey guys,

this Punk-Rock band I’m currently producing (think Pennywise, Anti-Flag) needs some spoken words for an intro/outro for one of their songs.
We tried to do it ourselves but it basically sucks donkey balls since English is not our mother tongue.
So if any of you guys would take five minutes to set up a mic and record the words below I’d really appreciate it.
Maybe you could try to go for an angry sports coach kind of voice.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Angry sports coach voice said:
You guys... You wanna prove something? You got 100 chances. You‘ve tried, but you fail. You hope, but you will lose. You take it for granted, but you will see... I dont see progress, just stagnation; the progress changes into its contrary. You are living for a reason but you are running around like ants in a colony. No authenticity, no credibility. Day by day the same shit... There will be no salvation any more. You are fucked up. You are out. Damn. You are out...

Haha, thanks for the vote of confidence guys - I'll do my best sports coach impression today (though I may end up sounding like Christian Bale during his rant, we'll see :lol: ) Certainly open to anyone else though, I can channel the smartass, but I dunno about the hardass :D

Oh, and is it cool to change it up a tad? (specifically more profanity :D)

Made some revisions to it that I feel make more sense:

You guys... You wanna prove something? You've had a hundred chances. You‘ve tried, but you failed. You keep hoping, but you will lose. You take it for granted, but you'll see... I don't see any progress, just stagnation. You think you're living for a reason, but you're just running around like ants in a fucking anthill. No authenticity, no credibility. Day by day the same shit... There will be no salvation any more. You are fucked up. You are out. Damn. You are out...

The tenses were really unclear in the opening bit, so I tried to make it a bit clearer (assuming I got the intended meaning right). And that "the progress changes into its contrary" thing just felt redundant (and the LAST thing an angry coach would ever say :lol: )

Hey Marcus,

thanks a lot for giving it a try!
Making a few changes is cool. We weren't sure if it all made sense in the first place so go for it. ;)
However the meaning should NOT be something related to sports. It's more about doing something with ones life in general, you know? The angry sports coach thing was just to illustrate the way it should be spoken.
Btw 24/44.1 is the preferred format but basically we’ll gladly take anything you throw at us. :)

Thanks again! I can’t wait to hear it and I’m sure it’ll be great.

I dunno, I always thought it was ridiculously cheesy and cliche (the barking, cigar-chomping General stereotype), but I'm pretty sure that was the idea :D

A bunch of us should try recording it, then the dialogue could be overlapped like that Dream Theater song with Akerfeldt and Ellefson talking about the time they dicked someone over.

Alright guys, Marcus just sent me his approach. I'm liking it a lot, thanks again dude!
However feel free to send me any ideas you're coming up with.
I'd love to hear Kev's British accent on this one. Also that layering approach sure sounds interesting. :)