Help: Replacing EMG 81/85 with passive p/ups

Kressle

New Metal Member
Dec 9, 2009
Missouri
Hi. I am a guitarist who is considering buying a Schecter Devil Custom. I love everything about this guitar and Schecter itself except for one thing; the active pickups. What I would like to ask is this: Is there a passive pickup out there with capabilities and characteristics comparable to or closely resembling the EMG 81/85 setup?
Thanks

HZ's are supposed to closely resemble them but they don't. If you want a pickup setup that sounds like 81/85's then you should just stick with those.

If you have no budget, I reccomend Bare Knuckle Miracle man's, they have the general EMG sound, only more dynamic, full, and natural sounding. They are passive's and are around $150 if you look.

The problem that I have with the pickups is that they are active. I understand they get good tone, and that they are basically a metal staple, but the batteries are the issue. As a little food for thought, I was also thinking of the Seymour Duncan Invaders, but i was reading a discussion that said they weren't actually that great. What do you guys think?