Help Sabaton write their new album

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
via Sabaton Facebook update:

"Finally the time has come to make another album.
Many people have asked us if it will be another album with war themes, and of course it will.
The lyrics based on historical battles has become the mark of Sabaton and we plan not to leave that, at least for now.

And like on the last album we will now ask all of you fans out there if you have any ideas to help us write the album.

So, any ideas for songs about battles can be sent to newalbum@sabaton.net, please include links to informations and facts also.

Every idea will be read and considered but please remember that Sabaton is mainly focused on more recent events so please do not ask us to write songs about vikings, knights...
Other bands do that better than us.

Please come with ideas that is more unknown, the perfect concept for a song were the story of
the 720 Polish soldiers who inspired us to write the song 40:1.

We await your ideas. "

Neat idea, I'm gonna compilate some material to send.

BTW, talk about hype. Sabaton already have a tribute band! http://www.sabatontribute.com/. IMO they deserve it, one of the best bands in the last 10 years for me.

I wonder how "recent" they want? Living right here in Fredericksburg, VA, there is so much Civil War history here. Will have to dig up some of it and send it in. Figure if Iced Earth can write a bad-ass song about Gettysburg, I could only imagine what Sabaton will come up with!

They want some recent epic battles????
Do they not read THIS forum?

song title: "The Harvester's Ascension" :lol:

I wonder how "recent" they want? Living right here in Fredericksburg, VA, there is so much Civil War history here. Will have to dig up some of it and send it in. Figure if Iced Earth can write a bad-ass song about Gettysburg, I could only imagine what Sabaton will come up with!

That's kinda my question as well. I was thinking "oh, cool, the Battle of Gaugamela!" or "The Lost Roman Legions in Varus Field/Teutonberg Forest" but alas, no....

Good point. There were many US civil war battles that they could write about, if they're willing to go back that far.

Speaking of old wars - how about the US revolutionary war?

Or closer to the present - how about other wars the US has been involved in? LOTS of battles to choose from. Sabaton has touched on WWII - there are many battles to choose from. :)

Taken from Sabaton's facebook:

"We would like to thank all fans for sending in ideas for the next album.
At the moment we have over 1000 suggestions to read through and we really enjoy it.

We can now announce that the releaseparty for the new album will be at Rockstad:Falun 2010.
If you want to be a part of this there are a few cheaper limited edition tickets available right now."

http://www.rockstadfalun.se/

~Jen

I have not listened to the new Sabaton yet and I had forgot about this, but White Death was one of my Suggestions too.:headbang: