Help setting up my rack gear!

interpolplacebo

New Metal Member
Oct 27, 2007
I've recently began doing some home recording (or attempting to record). I recently bought myself the line 6 ux2, presonus bluetube, rack with an alesis compressor and a BBE 482i sonic maximizer along with a SM-58, SM-57A Beta and a Audio-Technica 2020 condensor mic.

I just have a few questions about all of this gear.

1.) I'm having trouble hooking all of this stuff up as far the the rack gear connections to the ux2 and tubepre, I honestly don't know how to hook everything up to eachother and was wondering if someone on here could take a few minutes and hook me up with a diagram or just simple directions (i know i'm an idiot!)

2.) Secondly, is there anything else that could be recommended with what I have already? I mean, I know there's always something else to buy..But I mean, anything else that would be essential to my rack/gear?

I really want to get some good sounds out of my stuff, and I feel like I could if I just knew how to connect everything! haha

sweet dudes, thanks. i actually bought the bbe after i was told it would beef up my gearbox tones..does it not do that? if not i will def. return it....

what would you guys recommend as far as exciters go? I really just want something to beef up those weak midi tones..Does running the tubepre through the ux2 work well?

Technically, they're digital tones, not MIDI (MIDI is just performance data in 1's and 0's) - but as for beefing up, just tweak; a good starting point if you don't have the metal shop pack is the Tube Screamer stomp model (Drive 10%, Gain around 35% or so, and Tone 50%), Treadplate Dual Model with the Treadplate 4x12 cab model (not the V30 4x12 cab bllleccchhh) and the 57 on axis. That, or you could use impulses, but that's a bit more of a hassle cuz it's hard to monitor with them on, so I don't bother (I just use my podxt for writing, not for final tones, and my TS model --> Diezel Herbert --> Treadplate 4x12 57 on axis works great for me). Here's a tone sample from a song I'm working on right now:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=782553&songID=6203024