HELP? TECHNICAL QUESTION...

Wherewolf

New Metal Member
Nov 28, 2008
I am looking to "home master" some music. Anyone have any ideas on some free software? I am looking for an easy program with a brick wall limiter! Basically I am looking for an easy to use Pro tools type of program for my PC.......Any help would be great!

First off, what SW program are you using? Pro Tools, Sonar, etc.
Second, in all of the years I have been doing this I have not found any type of mastering SW that was of any quality for free, especially a brick wall limiter (those algorithms are not cheap and require some serious DSP power). The TC6000 has a great selection of mastering SW available including the best BWL I have heard. I recently used it on a project and was quite pleased with the results.
For PT, Waves makes a decent selection of mastering tools but again, I have never found any that are free.

First off, what SW program are you using? Pro Tools, Sonar, etc.
Second, in all of the years I have been doing this I have not found any type of mastering SW that was of any quality for free, especially a brick wall limiter (those algorithms are not cheap and require some serious DSP power). The TC6000 has a great selection of mastering SW available including the best BWL I have heard. I recently used it on a project and was quite pleased with the results.
For PT, Waves makes a decent selection of mastering tools but again, I have never found any that are free.

***As of now I have been messing with Sound Forge and Audacity but you are right... I need something better and none of the good programs are free. I just wanted to master a few tracks and did'nt feel like shelling out the big bucks! THANK YOU for your reply!