Help us to put together our setlist for ProgPower USA :)

LANFEAR

New Metal Member
Sep 16, 2008
We received more and more emails where people asked for certain songs we should play on ProgPower USA. Of course everybody has different faves so we thought it would be funny to have a little poll. A kind of "you say - we play", hehe. If you want to take part just follow the link and vote. We're curious...

If you don't know us or if you know us and don't want us to play anything then....uhm...just ignore the thread :eek:

http://www.lanfear.eu/pp2012.htm

That's funny that like an hour ago I posted that I was surprised more people here weren't talking about "THIS HARMONIC CONSONANCE". Its a really strong album. Can't wait to see you guys in September!

I really dig the X to the Power of Ten album. You guys could really pick a handful of songs from that one and I'd be happy.

While I really have enjoyed the last 2 albums, Zero Poems is one of my all time favorites, up there with Mindcrime, Images & Words and Awake. I go even further and say that the section of How Come? from 2:55-3:20 is probably my favorite 25 seconds of any song ever.

Plus it would be cool to hear the vocalist from one of my other favorite all time albums (Anguish's Symmetry) do these songs. As much as I liked the way Stefan's voice fit the music on that album I'll admit Nuno is a much better vocalist overall and was an thrilled when he joined the band.

So please don't ignore ZP!

And for extra added nice symmetry, the first time I met Glenn in person and visited his house he played this album for me (it was new at the time... man I feel old) and I've loved it and the band ever since. I'm forever in his debt for introducing it to me (and for that little ProgPower thing).

Now I just need to pray to the football gods that they'll smile upon me and schedule GT/UVA for a noon kickoff so I don't miss anything on Saturday!

Thx, guys :)
Of course we don't ignore the albums "before" Nuno. We always have some old stuff in our setlists. How Come maybe feels a bit too far away for us. I still like the song but it doesn't feel that Lanfearish, if you know what I mean.
You're totally right, though. Nuno's voice is perfect for the ZP tracks.

Incidental remark: Until yesterday evening the first 10 voters nominated a total of 40 (!) songs. It's always nice for a band to see that everybody has totally different faves and that there are not always the same 2-3 tracks on an album which stand out.

Speaking as an unbiased Lanfear fan (not as a biased member of Intromental with an in, lol), I'd personally love to see a combination of the The Art Effect, Another Golden Rage, X to the Power of Ten and This Harmonic Consonance. As a matter of fact, I will be slightly disappointed if Colours of Chaos and By-Product Nation aren't on the setlist. :lol:

How Come maybe feels a bit too far away for us. I still like the song but it doesn't feel that Lanfearish, if you know what I mean.
You're totally right, though. Nuno's voice is perfect for the ZP tracks.

I agree, How Come is pretty out there, even on ZP which is such a diverse album. Plus it would take 9+ minutes to do the whole thing. That solo is just so good though, maybe it can be worked into another song or a ZP medley or something :)

And just so I don't sound like I'm fixated on ZP, I'm looking forward to the WHOLE set :headbang:

Sigh. Another album to go buy. I haven't heard Zero Poems. I only have the last two, both of which are great. I'm off to spend more money, even though I've already put in my vote(s)!

Sigh. Another album to go buy. I haven't heard Zero Poems. I only have the last two, both of which are great. I'm off to spend more money, even though I've already put in my vote(s)!

Its pretty different than the rest of the catalog and wholly unique overall imho. No 2 songs sound alike. As has been mentioned, the singer can be a bit of an acquired taste, he's no Nuno, but he fits the music. If you like your metal proggy, weird and awesome then give it a try, just be sure to give it a few listens for it all the sink in. :)

Gosh...this is so hard.. I like so much from the last two albums with Nuno.... but I also love The Art Effect and Another Golden Rage....

But so far here's my list:

Enter Dystopia
Brave New Man
Colours of Chaos
Another Golden Rage
Stigmatized

I may be adding to this list with something from Zero Poems. (I don't own Towers... must remedy this ASAP!)