Help wanted: Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Tour Dates

KISSWacks

New Metal Member
Feb 17, 2007
Have you ever been to a concert with Mercyful Fate or King Diamond?

Do you have your ticket stub left, did you take some photos, do you have a flyer or a poster for the show?

Maybe you have some great memories from a show or maybe a review you written?

I collect any (Dates, Locations, Venues, Opening Bands, Set lists, pictures, tickets, posters, t-shirts, flyers,

anything...) information I can get my hands on regarding Mercyful Fate and King Diamond tour dates.

I run a webpage called The Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Tour Database you can check it out here:

http://dates.kisswacks.com

If you have something and want to help me out, please contact me at webmaster@kisswacks.com and we can work

something out...

/Jon

got a few things for you....

Starting with Mercyful Fate since I've only seen them once, this show is not on your list. I'm pretty sure the openers were local bands.

Mercyful Fate
10/30/1996
Poughkeepsie, NY, USA
venue: The Chance

Kind Diamond, I've seen 3 times.

King Diamond w/Flotsam & Jetsam
09/17/1988
Commack, NY, USA (on Long Island)
venue: Showcase (formerly L'amour Far East)

This is the correct town and date for this show. The MA show you have listed on the same date did not happen. :) The Sundance show may have been on the 14th.

King Diamond w/Armored Saint
11/04/1988
NY, NY, USA
venue: The Ritz (the "old" Ritz on 11th St.)

I would question the 11/2/88 show you have, only because that would mean they played L'amour on a Wed and Sat night. :err:

I was also at the 11/10/2003 show on The Puppet Master tour. One opener was Entombed.

I will try and post the stubs in the near future.

My KD/MF concert history:

Halloween, 1989 at the old Ritz in NYC in support of Conspiracy.
opening bands: Sacred Reich & Sepultura

Halloweed 1993 in support of In The Shadows. I dont recall who opened...

January 1995 in support of Time. Solitude Aeturnus opened up.

Fall 2003 (or was it 2004?) in support of The Pupper Master...I believe the opening act was Entombed.

I was at the Oulu, Finland gig in 2006-04-28, supports were Loch Vostok and Secret Sphere. I'll try to dig up the setlist as well, I remember it was a few songs shorter than on previous dates because King had a cold (he sounded just fine though). Here's the ticket stub:
kdticket.jpg

:headbang:

setlist from 11/10/2003

Mansion in darkness
Family ghost
Black horsemen
Mansion in sorrow
Spirits
Eye of the witch
Sleepless nights
Puppet master
Blood to walk

So sad
Welcome home

--------------
Invisible guests
Burn

--------------
Halloween

King Diamond

1998-04-24 Corona, California, USA Showcase Theater

This show was moved to nearby Pomona to the Pomona Theatre at the last moment, most likely because there was simply no way to house all of the theatre elements of King's stage show on the postage-stamp-sized stage of the Showcase Theater.

2003-10-20 Santa Anna, California, USA The Galaxy

Actually, it's Santa Ana.

Mercyful Fate

1999-09-22 Los Angeles, California, USA House Of Blues

This was a late show as Doc Severinson (formerly from the Tonight Show) performed that evening as well.

Hey Jon, there is a mistake on your King Diamond tour page.

This date has the wrong venue:

1986-04-20 Eindhoven, Netherlands Dynamo Club Aardschokdag.

The date and city is right. But it was not the Dynamo club were King was playing. Rather it was a place called: 'Karregat'.

It was a much bigger place. And there are video recordings of that gig as well. I know because I was there.

I also seems to remember that Mercyful Fate played a few more gigs at the Dynamo club than the ones you mention on your page. I could be wrong though. I know for sure that I was present at all the Mercyful Fate gigs at the Dynamo Club.

I am going to ask some people that have access to this info.

Henri

Thanks for all the info.

Hawk: It would be great with more info on any shows I have or have missed.

/Jon