Help with Guitar Tone, Clips

It really is. But it forces you to use your ears instead of your eyes to find the "right" miking spot. Not that I've necessarily done that very well, though, as demonstrated by this thread :lol:
And of course, since my performance room and control room are one in the same, I can't tweak amp settings while listening through my monitors. And I don't have an assistant to move the mic while I listen haha

Yes perhaps. But how accurate are isolation headphones, and how well will they block out a 4X12 when you're standing right next to it.

Well accuracy is mostly a matter of learning them, and as for isolation, just turn the amp volume down! ;) Even if the tone changes slightly, it won't affect your mic placement (or rather, a certain mic placement really won't sound better at one volume but not another)

Guys, I have tried again using some of the tips mentioned in this thread

I used my Instrument input for my DI instead of the Redeye
It was tough to find a sweetspot using headphones because even with my amp as low as it would go (without making that very muffled sound the 5150 makes with volume on 0) my headphones didn't isolate very well.
I miked a top speaker instead of bottom
Lowered gain and Resonance, a few other settings tweaks

Please tell me how it sounds: http://files.getdropbox.com/u/1579861/Best Guitar Tone Reamp.wav
I will update the first post as well if it still lets me

it sounds like the mids are not tight.
i dont know if that is a very good explanation.
but from working with my 5150, i have found that it sometimes sounds good on weird settings that i would never use live.
if i were you i would knock back the pre and give more post.
it usually tightens up the gain.
also using an overdrive helps.

^ good advice

It's getting kind of good sounding but...

Sounds like there's a little bit too much gain to me, lower that pregain a bit, boost the post a little bit, hp/lp and try fiddling with different mid settings.

Sorry I can't bring you much help!