Help with mix (oceano depths ish)

Jul 31, 2010
Okay i have a feeling that my final mastering chain is whats really making this not hit like depths, The band wants this to sound as close to depths as possible.

Any input would be great.
I have posted this mix around for the past month and i'm just still not done with there album, and i just need this to sound perfect for there release.

I would say i'm rather close, but its just lacking something and i can not point my finger on it.

Also the guitars i feel might be lacking in some areas but i have not figured out whats off with those from the depths tone.

my final mastering chain was just slight EQ in ozone, slight compression and a loudness maximizer.

honestly i hate when bands tell me to mix it like another production, but these dudes are so dead set on that sound, so i have to make it happen and before my deadline.

thanks to anyone willing to help me out.
this whole using pod farm in my final mix's is not what i normally do.
so this is my very first try at a pod farm release.
-Chris

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13978357/NEW Ruben Mix 1 1111.mp3

first of all.
from now on, tell bands: "I'm not the guy who mixed that album. so it won't sound the same because I don't know exactly what he did"

haha bro i fully agree, these dudes were young so im sure you know how that goes, honestly i just want to keep it how i have and do little tweaks to stuff that needs changed. to me its close enough it has that feel that depths did.

but i just want it to sound a little bit better.

honestly if i had the guitars sounding just a little bit better i would be pretty happy, thats really the only thing i do not like at this point, but i have no clue where else i should cut or change the EQ
i do want the guitars to sound a little more like depths.

Okay i have a feeling that my final mastering chain is whats really making this not hit like depths, The band wants this to sound as close to depths as possible.

Any input would be great.
I have posted this mix around for the past month and i'm just still not done with there album, and i just need this to sound perfect for there release.

I would say i'm rather close, but its just lacking something and i can not point my finger on it.

Also the guitars i feel might be lacking in some areas but i have not figured out whats off with those from the depths tone.

my final mastering chain was just slight EQ in ozone, slight compression and a loudness maximizer.

honestly i hate when bands tell me to mix it like another production, but these dudes are so dead set on that sound, so i have to make it happen and before my deadline.

thanks to anyone willing to help me out.
this whole using pod farm in my final mix's is not what i normally do.
so this is my very first try at a pod farm release.
-Chris

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13978357/NEW Ruben Mix 1 1111.mp3

Didn't mean to post this in off topic idk how that happened

thanks man, i was meaning to put it in productions.
but went into off topic for some reason, im sure there was a reason for it, i just do not remember.

You should tell the band that even if you get the mix to sound exactly like Depths.. doesn't mean they are going to be as famous as Oceano and will only be viewed as an Oceano knock off band. And they are doing a pretty bad job at trying to write an Oceano song if thats what they were going for. Not to be mean i'm Just trying to shed some light on what i think about bands trying to copy other productions :p

You should tell the band that even if you get the mix to sound exactly like Depths.. doesn't mean they are going to be as famous as Oceano and will only be viewed as an Oceano knock off band. And they are doing a pretty bad job at trying to write an Oceano song if thats what they were going for. Not to be mean i'm Just trying to shed some light on what i think about bands trying to copy other productions :p

dude fully agree, but there young man, like 15, one day they will write good shit.
anyways they payed me to make it sound however they wanted so i just want to meet or get close to what they are wanting. im not worried about them ripping off another band, because well at the end of the day its not my band :p