Helsinki Gig

omfg.. can't wait til sunday! I just hope this setlist wasn't just a 'forgive us please'-setlist for canceling the last shows in Finland.

Hi!
After reading this forum about a year, I decided to register :)
I was 1/4 of estonians who came to Helsinki just to see Opeth.
Show was great, no comments o_O
But after the gig we waited aoutside in cold near the theyr tourbus just to see band once more a and ask autograms and maybe take pictures. After over an hour of waiting they came out :)
I got my BWP and Deliverance booklet signed by every member and also took pictures with every bandmember :cool:
All guys were very cool and nice, specially Mikael. Awaseme guy. He was a little sick (becouse her wife is sick :p) but he stayed outside for a while and chatted with us :)
There were also some finnish fans also, I rememeber names Ulla & Sami, Hi! :wave:
pictures will be posted as soon as I get them scanned :)

kiitos, thank you, tack, aitäh!

well, it's all been said: the gig was a pure 2-hour-long orgasm ^_^

ZeDzEdZeD said:
Hi!
There were also some finnish fans also, I rememeber names Ulla & Sami, Hi! :wave:
pictures will be posted as soon as I get them scanned :)

kiitos, thank you, tack, aitäh!
EEKK OMG HI :D i'm Ulla :wave: which one of my new estonian buddies are you? :p

welcome to the boards :)

ZeDzEdZeD said:
Hey, Sami here. Thanks for the rock beer, the first was a bit too special for my taste. ;) Hope you guys found a comfortable way to spend the night. :p

wow, you're all here longtime users, and I didn't bother to ask yesterday if you were in forum ;P

I am Raul, the other dude was big-mouth-psycholigist-guitarhero Andres :p

Actually it sucked afted 3 AM, we didn't find a single opened place to stay after that hour, so we just hanged in the streets :p
In Tallinn You never have such a problem at nighttime. Plenty 24h alco stores and bars :)
But who cares afterall, we saw Opeth and got picters and autograms also :)

You mean autographs? :p

And yes there are a couple of bars and discos that are open until 4 am in Helsinki. After that it's illegal to serve alcohol in restaurants.

I was at nosturi too. It took me 7h to get there by train and after the gig i had no place to sleep and i wondered around helsinki for 6h and it was cold like hell, but still it was worth it!
as some one said it was like an over 2h long orgasm, one of the best moments of my life.

I went totally insane when they played deliverance! :D and face of melinda, bleak and demon of the fall were the highlight, for me at least... opeth seemd to have fun at their first gig in finland.

mikael also apologised their tuska canceling meny times...
damn i should have stayed next to the bus after the gig, it would have been nice to have a chat...

I just came home from their second gig in Finland, which was located in Tampere, some 200 km from Helsinki. The gig was amazing as well and although they didn't play Forest of October ja especially Face of Melinda, which was one of the highlights last evening (actually, the whole gig was one big highlight :)), the band seemed to be in slightly better shape and the sounds were better. Especially Mikael's singing sounded a million times better than in Helsinki.

Here's the setlist as i remember it.

Godhead's Lament
The Drapery Falls
Deliverance
Windowpane
In My Time of Need
April Ethereal
Advent
Bleak
A Fair Judgement
Demon of the Fall

Oh and they played Paranoid too. =) During Godhead's Lament they had some problems with the bass drum pedal and it took some time to repair it, so there was a long pause after GL. During it someone shouted "paranoid" and surprisingly Åkerfeldt started to play it, heh. The others came along for a while but sadly they didn't play it but a few measures. :( No need to say it was cool as hell.

Terkkuja muuten Zeanralle. :) Oli hauska tavata ja jutella. Ala ihmeessä käydä hyrmyn pippaloissa enemmänkin, vaikka Lasse varmaan yrittääkin haukkua meitä tuon tuosta. ;D

Tampere gig was indeed fantastic. The best part was when this guy jumped off the stage and people moved off the way. Poor thing fell on the floor :erk::lol: Oh and I also saw this red haired monkey :)tickled: ) also known as Toni but didn't dare to say hello :erk:

If I understood correctly the bass drum incident was because a) there wasn't a microphone in the other bass drum in the beginning b) the microphone was broken on the other bass drum :)

But hell yeah, what a gig! But as usual I was just being a rock police :) But I enjoyed the gig very much...

samoniac said:
Terkkuja muuten Zeanralle. :) Oli hauska tavata ja jutella. Ala ihmeessä käydä hyrmyn pippaloissa enemmänkin, vaikka Lasse varmaan yrittääkin haukkua meitä tuon tuosta. ;D
:wave:

No olettehan te osanne saaneet Lassen verbaalisesta lahjakkuudesta :p Kyl kyl, pitää änkeä useammin, ja kai tuolta se pari euroakin laukun pohjalta löytyy keikan jäljiltä.