Henkka Interview : "...I would play more songs from SW."

I think they need to play more FTR, personally. When I saw them, all they played was Hate Me. Mind you, it was an 8-song set, but still. :erk:

It's cool nonetheless that he wants to play older shit.

Yea dude he had to convince others that Bed of Razors needs to be added as well as Hatebreeder. I don't get why they don't want older songs!!!! The songs that made them what they are. = /

Yea dude he had to convince others that Bed of Razors needs to be added as well as Hatebreeder. I don't get why they don't want older songs!!!! The songs that made them what they are. = /

Yeah, they all said no to Hatebreeder when it was mentioned. That's fucking balls.

The others probably don't want to play the old songs because the new fans don't really like it. I think they should play hatebreeder for the sake of old fans or just fans who really like that song.

Yeah, they all said no to Hatebreeder when it was mentioned. That's fucking balls.

they don't seem to realize that almost all of their fans like their old stuff much better. It would be nice to hear towards dead end or black widow especially.
And maybe its just me but i dont like how alexi doesn't play the downfall solo the same anymore.:erk:

Scythes-of-Bodom

I wish this came true! I would LOVE to hear Red Light and In The Shadows.

"
Zarok: You recorded "Tie My Rope" at Sonic Pump Studios in May 2007 together with four other songs as demo tracks. Which songs were it?

Henkka: "Tie My Rope" and then... we did... "Some Day You Will Cry"...

Zarok: Isn't it "One Day You Will Cry"?

Henkka: Ah yeah, right. (laughs)

Janne: Thank you for that, mr. smartass."

:lol::lol::lol:
WTF.

Henkka is the man :kickass: hope the other guys would agree on playing older stuff, I hate how the setlists are always saturated with new stuff.

Well, I think if a band releases a new album they have to promote it by playing its songs but I also prefer older songs.

they don't seem to realize that almost all of their fans like their old stuff much better. It would be nice to hear towards dead end or black widow especially.
And maybe its just me but i dont like how alexi doesn't play the downfall solo the same anymore.:erk:

Wrong. Most of their fans like the old stuff in a similar way as the new one, and then some of the fans won't take anything that doesn't sound like the first three albums. There's also a bunch of people that like only the new stuff (HCD onwards) but I don't think those are of your interest and also I think that most of them is because they've not heard the first three albums.

About the Downfall solo, when he plays it tight (like he's been doing lately) I like it, but when he does things like cutting the last big sweep (which I think that in the album was atcually a fast run but I prefer the arpegio though like in TW) or that then I miss the original/TW solo.

don't get me wrong, I like their new stuff as well, but I think there are some songs that they never seem to play anymore for room for stuff that isn't as deserving. I love every album they have ever made, just some more than others, but I would much rather hear songs like Black widow, which hasn't been played in god knows how many years, than songs like In Your Face. I'm aware that alot of people like the new albums and so on, I just wish they would take the time to bring back some songs and kind of show people that they do appreciate the old stuff too you know?

It's sad to me that alexi claims something wild as his least favorite album, but I guess that's pretty much his opinion. I can understand in some ways I suppose.

I just look at it this way: they palyed the old stuff quite a lot back in time, now they have to play the new albums too, and they can't just go and not play any song from AYDY even if it's their weakest album. Lately they've been playing only LDB and IYF, which is quite good considering AYDY it's not their last album but almost, and they've not been playing more than 4 songs off from Blooddrunk in their headliner shows. I do think they should bring back some SW songs (at least 2 in the headliner setlists and not just 1) and that they maybe should change a lil bit the songs from HB, FTR and HCD and make room for others. I'd love to see songs like Touch Like An Angel Of Death or Hatebreeder or Children Of Decadence back, but not by taking all the stuff from AYDY and Blooddrunk out because I don't think that LDB or Banned From Heaven are less deserving than those f.e. I just think they should make a mix and maybe play f.e. 4 from the new album which has to be promoted, 3 from the next one which also needs still some promotion and then like 2 from each of the others to get songs from all the albums. Because I love setlists like the one in CRY (which btw had more HCD songs than AYDY songs), but I'd also like to hear those old songs.