Henkka's Jacksons

\m/Jason\m/

Feb 21, 2004
Zwolle, The Netherlands
Is there anyone (or any bassplayer :Spin:) who knows more about Henkka's Jackson? I would like to know what pickups are in those killing machines. I think Seymour Duncan. Or Duncan design shit? :err:
It would be cool to own a bass like that. :loco:
:Smokin:

from all the pics ive seen its the stock pups jackson has in their import basses...most likely either duncans or DD stuff...i think i remember seeing jackson in there too maybe..he used the 4 and 5 string concert basses...

well, actually it's hard to even hear the bass in COB music, but you can hear some in the beginning of Warheart. Isn't this cool?

It seem like in HCDR there is more bass. Yet, it's a shame that henkka's working for nothing since we can't hear the bass most of the time.

Yeah, yeah!! The Warheart intro is played on the A-string. Hear the intro on Live in Seoul video..fuckin amazing. And Hate Me live at Wacken. I love this. Anduhm I agree that it's sometimes a little hard to hear what Henkka is playing, even if you concentrate on it (trying to play along with cd or so). :yell: That's why I like al those live concert videos and clips. But on the other hand, I do also think that people don't really hear the bassguitar with other music you know.

Imagine (old) COB without Henkka's bass...
He is the man who let the music sound so dark and death. :headbang:

Isn't this funny. ..Guitarists and singers are always more interesting/populair!
Look how many conversations on this board are about Alexi and his (Jackson) guitars by people how wanna look like him :err:

\m/Jason\m/ said:
Isn't this funny. ..Guitarists and singers are always more interesting/populair!
Look how many conversations on this board are about Alexi and his (Jackson) guitars by people how wanna look like him :err:
well, if you think, on most of the metal songs on cob's genre and stuff like that, the bass isn't really THAT insteresting :p

For me it is interesting because I play bassguitar, but meaby it's not for a lot of people because they don't know what a (metal-->overdriven/distortion) bassguitar sounds like :wave: But it's fucking bullshit to say that Henkka worked for nothing or that it's not that interesting. I had little hope te get reply in this thread from any other bassguitarists or some of the friendly people from this forum who do appreciate Henkka's work and can say something interesting about it. It's not that strange isn't it? :Smokin:

Stil wanna know if Henkka's Jackson concert basses (deep candy blue and black ones/ both 5 string) are custom shop or stock basses. They look very similair to the older stock basses indeed, but I really don't know. If the difference between stock and custom basses is that they used other wood and stuff like that something.