Here are some pics froma cool show I went to Portland

Shpongled

Aug 30, 2001
Some friends and I went to see Gojira, Machine Head, and Lamb of God at the Roseland in Portland Wednesday night. We planned on leaving in the afternoon and driving back after the show. It turned out to be quite an adventure. On the way down the weather went from snowing hard to bright and sunny almost instantaneously about 5 or 6 times.

It was actually snowing when I took this pic:
01sky.jpg

02snow.jpg

Then this:
03sun.jpg

Then it was time to see Gojira! They crushed the place and it was awesome! My only complaint was the 25 minute setlist. Boo!
05gojira.jpg

06gojira.jpg

07gojira.jpg

08gojira.jpg

09gojira.jpg

10gojira.jpg

MACHINE HEAD was awesome too. I like these pics the most.

11machinehead.jpg

12machinehead.jpg

13machinehead.jpg

14machinehead.jpg

15machinehead.jpg

Don't like the Trivium, but I took a couple pics anyways.
16trivium.jpg

17trivium.jpg

18trivium.jpg

Lamb of God was cool as always, but their fog/smoke is totally annoying and makes it hard to breathe.
19log.jpg

20log.jpg

21log.jpg

22log.jpg

23log.jpg

24log.jpg

25log.jpg

On the way home, it snowed even harder than the way there and we actually got stuck in traffic because 2 semis jack-knifed about 4 miles ahead of us. The guy driving had to work in two hours, so rather than sit there and wait all morning (this was like 2am) he actually pulled onto the shoulder and drove the 3 or 4 miles to the very front right where the semis jack-knifed and pulled in. 20 minutes later, they pulled the truck away and traffic started moving again. We were one of the first cars through. That gutsy manuever he pulled probably saved us 2 hours of waiting, and he got back to Seattle with 10 minutes to spare before he started work. Crazy shit.

Good times and a fun trip!

Good shit man... I love when bands throw on some smoke machines in their set... makes for such awesome pictures.

sounds like it was good time

i dont know much of Trivium besides what mike showed me the other day...
Lamb of God I saw at Gigantour, wasn't over the top amazing or anything'

the rest i dont care enough about to even comment :)

well gojira headlined, and the headliner usually plays a 25 minutes set, sock_puppet
great pics kevin. Trivium is gay, doesn't only look gay. LoG pictures are awesome, i just got into them (thanks for converting). gojira looks awesome. I hope they made new fans this tour and they come back and headline and play a show in Seattle. vive la france!

oh god i loved this show. i went to the one at the wiltern in LA. i had fun shit talking trivium because there were a bunch of trivium fans around me.

i wasnt able to talk for two days because i actually lost my voice for once!

well gojira headlined, and the headliner usually plays a 25 minutes set, sock_puppet
great pics kevin. Trivium is gay, doesn't only look gay. LoG pictures are awesome, i just got into them (thanks for converting). gojira looks awesome. I hope they made new fans this tour and they come back and headline and play a show in Seattle. vive la france!

Ah I see, thanks :p

I just don't want to go through Trivium's songs

I can honestly say that this is the first time I've seen the words "portland" and "cool" in the same sentence.

oh god i loved this show. i went to the one at the wiltern in LA. i had fun shit talking trivium because there were a bunch of trivium fans around me.

i wasnt able to talk for two days because i actually lost my voice for once!

Lost your voice?
To what? All those bands blow harder than Paris Hilton on a Sat night.

Sweet pics. 25 minutes for an opening band - especially one of Gojira's unutterable brilliance - is pretty ridiculous.
Were Trivium shite?
Also, I see Mark - who I met on the streets of Glasgow btw - from LOG's looking as much like Zakk Wylde as always (to make a random point for a moment).

while i am certainly not going to buy any Trivium albums, nor even download them for free, they are not nearly as terrible as everyone makes out. unoriginal? sure. act pretty gay? you bet. worst band ever? not even close.

Yep, neal is correct, as per usual.

I'm more than aware that 99% of the Trivium bad-talking is for shallow reasons. You realise you're all like trained chimps in how you execute your "dislike" for them?