Here are some pics froma cool show I went to Portland

Yep, neal is correct, as per usual.

I'm more than aware that 99% of the Trivium bad-talking is for shallow reasons. You realise you're all like trained chimps in how you execute your "dislike" for them?
exactly. they're one of the "cool to hate" bands so everyone always jumps in with extra bashing.

I loathe band bashing in general because I think if people spent the time they use to talk shit, to say something good about something else instead, the world would be a better place and there wouldn't so many jaded, bitter metal fans everywhere pissing everyone else off.

That said, I really don't like Trivium but I'm not going to say they suck because they don't. They're not original, but they definitely know how to play and people eat it up.

so true i gave up on bashing and just try to get into the band now, trivium isint great now but there still decent player especically Corey who grew up here.

and when i saw Gojira at the COB, AA concert alot of there songs tended to sound the same, did you get that at your show?

mabye the bass was was to loud at my show and alot of double bass can get really annoying after a while hence the repetitiveness.

also Im listening to DHIADW all the way through and did not realize any album could have ALL awsome songs on it, I haven't heard a bad one yet they've all been epic as hell so far.

cool pics, i like that fancy red guitar that trivium has and the camouflage one from lamb of god :cool:

but ive actually never heard machine head :erk:

Eh? 'Twas a straight-forward question. I ask because I caught Trivium at a festival in '05, and to their credit they played well and had something like 6 or 7 circle pits going at once. The next year they played the same festival and weren't very good, nor was the crowd reaction, for that matter. Having seen both LOG and Machine Head live, I can imagine Trivium would pale in comparison.