Here guys...some NEWER Pod XT Pro patches!!

Dude.. No offense but ya cant put a pod thing next to a panned album thing....

It just doesnt work... record your shit raw/dry and just hit the riffs....

Carcass Heartwork is a GIFT to anyone who loves metal.... I'd rather not hear a pod panned against it.

EtherForBreakfast said:

Carcass Heartwork is a GIFT to anyone who loves metal.... I'd rather not hear a pod panned against it.
Huh?

Awesome work as always Gorilla! I think that A/Bing with one speaker each is great. :headbang:

EtherForBreakfast said:

No offense taken...If you do not like it....don't listen. I make these for guys who want to hear what the tone is going to sound like next to the actual song. Not everyone has the option to mix a sample with the song. And many may not have as such a good ear as you have.
I asked guys what would they rather hear...the sample with just the guitar/ or the sample of the guitar with the tune. 99% preferred I do it this way. I guess you are in that 1% :D
Relax man, no need for another comeback post...we'll be wasting Andy's bandwidth.

Thanks Commandante!

Whoa.. don't get hostile... maybe I came off harsh..

*I* would much rather hear your pod patches to a basic click track and raw... without the panned band. As it sits, its hard to pick out the pod stuff from the real stuff, that's what I was saying.. I did not mean to come off as being an ass... I think your stuff sounds good but I would much rather hear JUST YOUR guitar sound, not a pidge podge of a dodgey dodge cut and paste hodge podge type of mix... DiG???

much love, fellow metal fellow...

EtherForBreakfast said:
As it sits, its hard to pick out the pod stuff from the real stuff, that's what I was saying..
You are saying that as if that's a bad thing. :tickled:

I didn't think anyone was being harsh or hostile, it is all opinions... Conflicting, no less... We all know the story about opinions and assholes, right? :Spin:

EtherForBreakfast said:

*I* would much rather hear your pod patches to a basic click track and raw... without the panned band. As it sits, its hard to pick out the pod stuff from the real stuff, that's what I was saying.. I did not mean to come off as being an ass... I think your stuff sounds good but I would much rather hear JUST YOUR guitar sound, not a pidge podge of a dodgey dodge cut and paste hodge podge type of mix... DiG???

No prob Man!!!!!! :headbang: It wasn't cut and paste. Just the band panned left and the Pod panned right. I've done it the way you speak of, and like I was saying earlier the majority prefered it this way. If you listen again, just twist your pan knob to the left (It's the band) then twist it to the right (It's the Pod) :D
And yes.....much love, fellow metal fellow...

I have to say your tones do not sound much like the original tones. It's like you were competing the doubled guitar tracks and bass guitar with a single guitar. So yours tone has a lots of bass compared to originals. Funny thing though, I actually like your tone better compared to At The Gates. I always thought Slaughter of the Soul guitars were too much scooped and fizzy. Now I really want to get POD XT.

Kenny Lee said:
No prob Man!!!!!! :headbang: It wasn't cut and paste. Just the band panned left and the Pod panned right. I've done it the way you speak of, and like I was saying earlier the majority prefered it this way. If you listen again, just twist your pan knob to the left (It's the band) then twist it to the right (It's the Pod) :D
And yes.....much love, fellow metal fellow...

dude . . . you made the kreator tone on my request . . . . do you know how gratefull i am ? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THX ><!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

t_m_h said:
I have to say your tones do not sound much like the original tones. It's like you were competing the doubled guitar tracks and bass guitar with a single guitar. So yours tone has a lots of bass compared to originals. Funny thing though, I actually like your tone better compared to At The Gates. I always thought Slaughter of the Soul guitars were too much scooped and fizzy. Now I really want to get POD XT.
Yeah seem like they do. But it's really my signal chain.

021805system1.jpg

My signal goes--
guitar>>>>Pod XT Pro>>>Rad Box>>>Apogee>>>s/pdif out into the 002.

There's so many guys that'll hear the exact same tone (ALONE nothing else with it) and it'll sound totally different. Some almost have no ASS(Bottom End) You have to HPF them to leave room for the kicks and the bass! But once it's mixed in the mix....Bam!!!!!
These Pod's are fun toys!!!! :headbang:

No prob...Mendel!!!! Time to finish my bands new stuff!!!

metalizer said:
I'm not a pod user myself, but i think your paches sound pretty similar to the album versions,Could you do Nevermore Dhiadw,Arch enemy Aor,Testament the gathering or maybe Fear factory?
I think most if not all of these has been covered in the Hot Plate before. :cool:

Genius Gone Insane said:
You can download it from the line6 site into your pod...costs like 50 bucks i think (us). definitely worth it if you have a pod. it has 5150, engl, etc which the regular pod does not.

cool man, thanks.... only pod pro right? and btw isn't that stuff freely downloadable somewhere?

EtherForBreakfast said:

you can just open your volume control on your soundcard and on the main volume move the pan slider to the right so you only hear the guitar.