Here's one: Your most HATED songs?

ScottG

Apr 29, 2001
Long Island
For me it's absolutely Hotel California. I haven't known much loathing like I have being subjected to that song. I recently bought one of those nice CD alarm clocks just so I would never have to start my day with this horror. Chrissakes it seems that was always the first song I'd hear every morning on the radio.

I could mention tons more, believe me, but I'll leave the fun to the rest of you guys.

What do you think of the opening line of "Children of the Sea"? Doesn't "In the misty morning" sound a bit like, "On a dark desert highway?", heh.

I'm NOT saying I hate "Children of the Sea" by the way.

Mr. Jones by Counting Crows....if i hear that song one more time it will be the death of me. it IS unnnbbeeaarraabbllee.

John Mayer. I would thoroughly enjoy and probably piss myself over the chance to smack the shit out of him.

G. Love and Special Sauce - Cold Beverage
To quote George Fisher from Cannibal Corpse, if I hear this song one more time "IIIII WILL KIIILLLL YOOOOOOUUUUUUU..."

That and any 311 drive me up the fucking wall.

PS The Eagles were pretty crappy and so were the Counting Chodes. :tickled:

The Eagles rule ... you just have to listen to them in the right frame of mind.
I can never listen to them as background music, just doing nothing.

But for example when driving through the California desert ... i don't think anyhting beats them. They just evoke "California" and the lifestyle for me.

I'll give that a shot some time, because I've never listened to the Eagles on one of my many trips through the desert.

Honestly I always say "I've had a long day and I fuckin' hate the Eagles man!" but whenever they're on the radio I don't complain. :D

Ok "Dude" ... hehe

Try "Take it to the Limit" next time on a deserted California road.

Fill in this SAT Question:
The Eagles is to the Desert as _________ is to the Forest

Queen - We Will Rock You
REM - Everybody Hurts
Opus - Life Is Live
Eagles - Hotel California
Nazareth - Love Hurts
Nelly - Hot In Here
Bryan Adams - Please Forgive Me, Summer Of '69, everything really
Madonna - Like A Prayer
Meatloaf - I'd Do Anything For Love
Terry Jacks - Seasons In The Sun
Eminem - STAN, The Real Slim Shady, My Name Is, Without Me, etc
Celine Dion - My Heart Will Go On

henrikmain said:
Queen - We Will Rock You
REM - Everybody Hurts
Opus - Life Is Live
Eagles - Hotel California
Nazareth - Love Hurts
Nelly - Hot In Here
Bryan Adams - Please Forgive Me, Summer Of '69, everything really
Madonna - Like A Prayer
Meatloaf - I'd Do Anything For Love
Terry Jacks - Seasons In The Sun
Eminem - STAN, The Real Slim Shady, My Name Is, Without Me, etc
Celine Dion - My Heart Will Go On

Hehe good list there, a lot of them would make me feel bad and grumble but no hate.
There's ony one song I can think that really makes me seriously angry and that's a swedish song called "Hej hej Monika" which translates to "hey hey Monica". First of all, you don't write a song with that chorus, you just don't, end of story. Furthermore it's so horrible, so crappy and so disgustingly stupid that it makes me mad just thinking of it, add some cunts and clueless morons dancing to it in a disco and I seriously feel like setting that place on fire. And the fact that it seems to have become a "hit" makes me hate this society even more :|

spaffe said:
And the fact that it seems to have become a "hit" makes me hate this society even more :|

The same thing happened to me when Markoolio dominated the Swedish and Norwegian charts with his "Vi Drar Til Fjellen" single.

henrikmain said:
REM - Everybody Hurts
omg you have no soul. :tickled: I love this song and video even if it's been played about a zillion times.
lurch70 said:
Fill in this SAT Question:
The Eagles is to the Desert as _________ is to the Forest
Candlebox! :loco:

Anything by James Taylor makes me violently angry- i cannot stand sappy boring love songs.

Anything by Hootie and the Blowfish- ahhhhhh.

God there is alot of shit that is terrible. Neil Diamond, Barbra Streisand, Gin Blossoms, boy bands, the list goes on and on.

henrikmain said:
Second worst song ever. I can't stand it, it makes me want to crush something with a baseball bat. :)
Everybody Hurts!? I'LL MAKE EVERYBODY HURT!!! *cue murderous rage and blastbeats*

I have lots, but the ones that make me want to shoot myself in the facr when I hear 'em on the radio are:

DMX - that song where it goes "Y'all gonna make me lose my mind; up in he-uh, up in he-uh"
Incubus - Game Show on Mute (or something like that)
Chumbawumba - that song where the chick sings "Pissin' the night away" haha, god that sounds stupid

Haha, when I used to go to clubs (I went like 8 times total) I'd get really drunk and yell along with that YA'LL GON' MAKE ME LOSE MY MIND shit while whiteboydrunkdancing. I think I finally heard it sober and said "this sucks."

Pearl Jam - Yellow Ledbetter
Fuck that song.