Your most hated metal albums!!

*M alificiu M* said:
.. anything by francesco fareri(the absolute worst guitarist on planet earth! www.francescofareri.com) well, i could go on and on, but i wont.. - ben
The guy obviously has some technical talent to run scales and arpeggios, but my god! I absolutely fucking hate guitarists like him!!! That 'guitar solo' was horrible! And I only listened to his one track 'cyborg' because after that I didn't want to waste the time. 'Guitar Solo' was bad, but 'cyborg' was absolutely horrendous! Where the hell was this thing mixed? And is the music supposed to be interesting? I'm dumbfounded that a guy like this could even be considered to play on an album with the likes of a guy like Michael Romero. I just don't understand. Please, somebody help me out here. I'm lost!!! :(

But seriously, I'm sorry. I appreciate talent and don't judge people too harshly, but if all this guy can do is that shred crap then he's "NOT A GOOD GUITARIST". Speed and technical ability mean nothing if you can't make the music mean something.

Just my opinion, of course. Take it or leave it.

Cyclopssss said:
Mmm lemme see, I bought Dreaming Neon Black of Nevermore and absolute find it unlistenable, although some of the music's actually pretty good...but the voice in some places...ohmygod!QUOTE]

Are you kidding?!!! This is the only Nevermore album I have and I think it is absolutely awesome! The song "Poison God Machine" is worth the price of the album alone. And there are so many other killer tracks on there. The only one I don't really care for is "All Fall Down" or whatever it's actual name is. The only thing I didn't like about it was the stupid hidden ending. Hey guys, it's been done before by Ozzy, Overkill, etc. It's stupid and pointless, move on!

But just about every other song on that album is awesome! "Deconstruction" is killer too, although I never understood the line "Who will eat the decay, when the worms have lost their sight"? Shouldn't it be "... when the worms have lost their appetite"? I don't know, makes more sense to me. However, they do make up for it with the very next line, "Who will rape the weak, when there's nothing left to gain". Awesome!

Anyway, this is one album that I couldn't imagine anyone on this board being disappointed with. But, you're entitled to your opinion as are we all. :)

I might have to give it a fresh listen. At the time (mid 90's) I am/was a pretty keen death metal fan but I didn't really dig Pierced From Within. Haven't heard it for about 6 years and only remember not liking it coz it didn't grove like some of the other death i was listening to at the time (Cannibal Corpse, Deicide, Carcass). I'll give it a spin this weekend.

Hated Albums that I bought!
1. Any Metallica after Justice
2. Pantera - Reinvinting the steel
3. Megadeth - Risk and The world needs a new hero (cool cover though)

And Dissapointing but I still enjoyed some songs off of it = In Flames - R2R

And Hatecrew Deathroll is far from suck!

Kate Bush Rules! said:
I think it's Children of Bodom's weakest album to date though.

I'd dissagree here. For me, Something Wild is their weakest. Theres some cool stuff on it (particularly Lake Bodom), but the songwriting seems kinda "scattered" if that makes sense. Alexi's writing has only gotten more focused as their career has gone on. Tho for me, their best album is Follow the Reaper, as its their most "powermetal" sounding.

Hated albums
1) Metallica - St. Anger
2) Dokken - Shadow Life
3) Dream Theater - Falling to Infinity
4) Metallica - Load
5) Testament - The Gathering
6) Yngwie Malmsteen - War to End All Wars (This One Sucks)
7)Ozzy (Everything since No More Tears)
8)Stratovarious (Elements Pt.1 Except 1 song)
9)Megadeth - Risk
10) Rush - Vapor Tails

Kate Bush Rules! said:
Darkthrone - Tansilvanian Hunger
bland, boring

I must agree. I think that all of those early black metal bands are awful, especially Burzum. Mayhem and Darkthrone are up there. The music is so boring, and it just drags on and never changes. The production is shit too. Ugghh.

As far as CoB albums are concerned, I think Hatecrew Deathroll IS in fact their weakest album (if you don't count Something Wild, but that's kind of a given), but that doesn't mean it's not incredible. It's just hard to beat Hatebreeder and Follow the Reaper. Those albums are classics, which I think are equally good.

Follow the reaper is by far Bodom's best, has the best songs, riffs and solos. It's Alexi and Janne on their peak. I was kinda dissapointed with HCDR - it's not bad, but I didn't hit me like the previous three albums. I'm a huge Bodom fan since the day Something wild (which I really loved by that time, it has such a cool and dark flair) came out, and I was really amazed by the two follow ups as well. HCDR has some cool tunes (especially Sixpounder, HCDR or Bodom Beach Terror), but it's more of a rock'n'roll party album and it lacks the technicality and maturity of FTR for my taste, they sound now like too many other bands that play the Death'n'roll style (I wouldn't have labeled COB Death'n'Roll before). Anyway, just my opinion.

I have both HCDR and Follow the Reaper, I like em both. They have this sound that you can go "its COB!" after 3 seconds of the song. They are unique and I like that.

But the last crappy album I bought was.....um St. Anger i guess, what a waste of 12 bucks.

Oh yeah... that album is crap. So boring, cheesy, not good times... no doubt that they are technically good, but man, do they ever write bad tunes. But that's just my oppinion... i only bought the album because EVERYONE said how great it is.

theodyssey said:
Oh yeah... that album is crap. So boring, cheesy, not good times... no doubt that they are technically good, but man, do they ever write bad tunes. But that's just my oppinion... i only bought the album because EVERYONE said how great it is.
Well, I always thought it was one of Savatage´s strengths to write good songs... I can hardly understand how one could possibly not love their epic semi-ballads like "This isn´t what we meant". But well, everyone is entitled to his own opinion, of course. I can´t stand Children of Bodom either. ;)