Your most hated metal albums!!

Alexander TG

The literate drummer
Mar 23, 2003
E. London
Visit site
It's time to let some hate flow, what metal albums have you heard that you hated so much that you wanted to punch concrete walls with barbed wire strapped on your knuckles? I've got one or two :

1) Fear of the dark (Iron Maiden) - My all time favourite band produced and album that could be best described as 'dog shit'. 3 great songs the rest are quite possibly the worst the universe has ever witnessed.

2) Reroute to Remain (In-Flames) - Another of my favourite bands with works of art like 'colony' and 'clayman' produced this mix of nu-metal and half-assed death with no guitar solos that makes you want to vomit blood it's so bad. Not only that the production of the album is the worst of all time. Reroute to remainstream, classy stuff.

3) Hypothetical (Threshold) - Controversial choice this one but I found it so bland and lacking in creativity and melodic inspiration, one of the most overrated prog metal albums ever. The guitars have an overbearing twang lacking in both shred and melody and the keyboards are virtually non-existent. It's just so overly long and doesn't go anywhere or say anything, just a waste of time. The song 'ravages of time' has saved it from childish insults however it's still excrement in musical terms.

The veins in my forehead are starting to show so I'm gonna stop there, anybody else care to get those crappy albums of there chest? Let the hatred flow baby!!

Blind Guardian:Battalions of fear.
I had heard on this forum that they were cool and ordered one if their albums, later i found out that it was from 1987. When i put it in my cd player it was with growling and shitty and had the worst production ever made on the face of the earth ! SHIT! It was so bad i think i`ll burn it or crash it in some horrible sadistic way.....!

Stratovarius- Elements Pt1
I really like Strato and was really looking forward to this album, but with the exception of a few songs, it is a major snoozefest. I was VERY disappointed, and even after playing it many times trying to get into it, it just wasn't happening. HUGE let down.

Alexander TG said:
3) Hypothetical (Threshold) - Controversial choice this one but I found it so bland and lacking in creativity and melodic inspiration, one of the most overrated prog metal albums ever. The guitars have an overbearing twang lacking in both shred and melody and the keyboards are virtually non-existent. It's just so overly long and doesn't go anywhere or say anything, just a waste of time. The song 'ravages of time' has saved it from childish insults however it's still excrement in musical terms.

I disagree with just about everything :D

Iron Maiden - Brave New World. A truly awful album from a band that at that time were my favourite. Adn it coul have been so good... :(

Manowar - Louder Than Hell. Now I don't know if I like the band enough to really hate it, but they had made some good albums in the past. This album however is pure shite, beginning to end.

In fact, that's probably the only albums in my collection that I hate. I've got a few more equally bad albums, but I never really liked the bands that made them, so they don't bother me that much.

Opeth - Deliverance/Damnation - I don't really hate these albums, but I was really disappointed. One of the reasons Opeth is so great is the changes between the heavy riffs with growling vocals and the acoustic riffs with clean singing. I don't know why Opeth chose to separate the two.

Testament - The Gathering - This was my second Testament album after The New Order, and when I listened to it, I just thought 'What the fuck?' It almost seems like a cross between new Metallica and Godsmack.

As an Iron Maiden fan it hurts, but:

The X Factor and Virtual XI.

Not because they had a different singer, he was okay (nothing more), but both albums lacked inspiration and production.

Serge... said:
Opeth - Deliverance/Damnation - I don't really hate these albums, but I was really disappointed. One of the reasons Opeth is so great is the changes between the heavy riffs with growling vocals and the acoustic riffs with clean singing. I don't know why Opeth chose to separate the two.

Testament - The Gathering - This was my second Testament album after The New Order, and when I listened to it, I just thought 'What the fuck?' It almost seems like a cross between new Metallica and Godsmack.

The Gathering is an awesome soon to be CLASSIC thrash metal record!!

:OMG:

Dissing "The Gathering"=not cool.

It's hard for me to think of a most-hated album, because usually if it's a band that I like, and they put out an album that I don't like that much, then I'm just disappointed, but I don't really HATE the album. If I went with my biggest ever disappointment, then I would have to go with Judas Priest-Jugulator. I don't know what band they have playing on that, but it's not Judas Priest. I think the real Judas Priest changed their name to Primal Fear...

Now, if you were to ask what my most hated metal band was, then I could give an immediate answer: MORONICA!!!! But then, they haven't actually been a metal band for quite a few years now, so they probably don't count. Kill 'Em All was a decent copy of NWOBHM bands, but instead of getting better, they got more and more mediocre, chasing whatever somebody else was already doing, and now are actually horribly, horribly, astonishingly horribly bad.

Serge... said:

Strange thing, but I like The Gathering more than any other Testament album.

Fear of the Dark isn't the best (I think there's more like 5 or 6 great tunes on it) but it blows away the two albums with Blaze IMO. :puke:

Agreed, both Priest albums w/Ripper are pretty bad.

The Gathering is awesome. Dave Lombardo plays drums on it!! How could it suck? :) It is a lot heavier than their earlier albums so if you went from The New Order to The Gathering, you might not have expected the huge difference. It is my 2nd fav from them behind The Legacy.

Here's a few.

Anthrax - State of Euphoria
The Quiet Room - Reconceive
Testament - Souls of Black
the last 3 Yngwie albums
every Motley Crue album after Shout at the Devil.
every Exodus album after Pleasures of the Flesh