Your most hated metal albums!!

Hammerfall - Glory to the brave ... i cant believe an album 100% made of clichés and uninspired stuff was the one that started the whole new powermetal wave

Reroute to Remain - (influenced by slipknot?) not cool, definite step back for in flames.

Metallica - Load
Metallica - Reload
Metallica - Garage Inc
Metallica - St Anger (If it can be classed as metal)
Metallica SUCKS

Children of Bodom - Hatecrew Death Roll FUCKING RULES, hardly just noise.

All time worst = Rhapsody - Rain of a thousand flames.....why did i buy it :yell: :cry:

Awakening said:
Metallica - Load
Metallica - Reload
Metallica - Garage Inc
Metallica - St Anger (If it can be classed as metal)
Metallica SUCKS

QUOTE]

You really don't like Metallica, huh? I really really love them. So for me it's very hard and sad to be forced to admit that St Anger is the worst crap a band as big and good as Metallica has ever put out. It's so far beneath their level to release such an awful piece os music. Let's hope their wives lock them up in the kitchen and forbid them to ever touch an instrument again...

shredmaster said:
Are there really any good Blind Guardian albums out there?

YES

If you compare Battalions of Fear to Night at the Opera, you will hear music that is completely different.
Somewhere Far Beyond is awesome
Nightfall in Middle Earth is awesome
Night at the Opera is awesome
And yes I love Blind Guardian :D

I like battalions of fear infinately better than ANATO. Sure the production is shitty, but so is kill em all... how is it different?
as for CoB's new one, that's also one of my favorites. Catchy as hell.
mine would have to be.....
Defender- They Came Over the High Pass
ah... bad... bought it for 4 bucks. biggest waste ever.

Savatage- Dead Winter Dead
horrible vocals, cheesy music. bad times.

All metallica- after they were done ripping off mustaine, it started sucking even worse.

i'm sure i'll think of more.

shredmaster said:
Are there really any good Blind Guardian albums out there?(And don`t say all sound like Battallions of Fear`cause IMO that was possibly one of my worst musical experiences ever)
Their second album "Follow the Blind" sounds similar, but that´s from the 80s as well. Check "Nightfall in Middle-Earth".

shredmaster said:
Are there really any good Blind Guardian albums out there?(And don`t say all sound like Battallions of Fear`cause IMO that was possibly one of my worst musical experiences ever)

Dude Blind Guardian is AMAZING. yeah, you probably got their worst album (but theres some cool stuff on there like Majesty). I suggest getting either Imaginations from the Other Side or Nightfall in Middle Earth (Imaginations is their heaviest, Nightfall is a concept album based on The Silmarillion).

I'm going to get flamed for this...

Rush-2112

Sure, the song 2112 is a masterpiece and has genius everything and so on...

But really. After the first 20 minutes, the remaining 18 minutes fucking suck. The rest of the album is so boring, and the lyrics are stupid too...

Ugh...

Luca Turilli- Kings of the nordic twilight
straight CHEESE METAL. oh my god that cd is so bad!! there is not a good moment on the whole thing....i just kept listening to it over and over again trying to find something good and there is NOTHING!!!
i bought it expecting it to be mostly shredding...a lot of malmsteen rip offs, and some nice sweep arpeggios..
but nothing of the sort!! how disappointing!!

i don't think Rhapsody gets any better than the debut cd, Legendary Tales.

anything good from blind guardian?
nightfall in middle earth is spectacular!
imaginations from the other side is pretty good too

at first listening to those cd's transported me to a mideival realm. it was beautiful. but it doens't do that to me any more....my days of living fantasy are over. so i can't bear to listen to BG any more, in honor of lost beauty.

i usually don't listen to cd's enough to hate them. i just might hate kingdom of madness by edguy, but i never really tried. in fact i have a few cd's i haven't listened to that much though i've had them for a while.
but that luca cd...i kept listening to it till i hated it.

Who dares criticise Rush?? Wait till I get me hands on ya, just foolin.
In my opinion 2112 is one of the best compositions of all time. I half agree after the title track there are some weak songs, this was due to Neil stepping back and letting Geddy and Alex write songs which was the last time that happened!

Back to blind guardian I think the first two albums fucking rule and they get gradually worse. I took the second album 'follow the blind' to work with me today and must have listened to Banished from Sanctuary 50 fucking times, it so rocks

The Metal Chick said:
YES

If you compare Battalions of Fear to Night at the Opera, you will hear music that is completely different.
Somewhere Far Beyond is awesome
Nightfall in Middle Earth is awesome
Night at the Opera is awesome
And yes I love Blind Guardian :D

I completely agree, I'm a huge fan too. They're what got me into good metal in the first place. But Battalions is pretty sub-par after hearing all the stuff after it. For me, Blind Guardian's on the same level as Symphony X. And you can't get any higher than that. :p

As for least favorite metal album, it'd have to be Saint Anger. Especially because I love Master of Puppets and like all the pre-Black albums.