Most Hated Metal Head

static-X - Industrial metal...
incubus - alternative rock
slipKnot - metal with nu-metal
linkin park - pop nu-metal

very good... you know two and half nu-metal bands...
do you want to continue this conversation?

Oh great, a sub-sub-genre dividing war. How utterly pointless and pathetic. The definition of nu-metal is much debated and inconclusive in any case.

Pop nu-metal? :lol: Whatever!

Gah i cant stand nu metal at all its over rated and sloppy not to mention there are so many other bands that deserve the attention that thoose trendy little fucks get. Besides nu metal is just a fad it has no meaning its just what is popular for now.

Damn! I was a huge nu-metal fan before...so i know what i'm talking about.
My favourite band was Slipknot. Also listened to Korn alot:lol: !
And as SculptedCold said, i'm not "attacking" the fans of nu in any way. But personally i think that the nu industry is so packed full of bands that only play their music to get money, and don't give a fuck about their fans....but as I said, I got nothing against you.
PS: There's something I don't like with 9 guys in red boilersuits jumping around like monkeys, beating eachother up, while the frontman gets thousands of people to show him the finger and repeat "People=Shit" after him:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Demonic Rapture
She has a point. They are kind of poppy.

I totally agree! But I consider this sub-division completely irrelevant as a lot of people (myself included) consider the term 'nu' itself to denominate a music geared towards popularity. I read 'pop nu-metal' as 'pop pop-metal', which, to me, is a bit unnecessary. :loco:

Nemesis Divina is totally right; a fan can appreciate music on their own terms regardless of the intent or sincerity of the band (as I tend to view nu-metal), but when it comes to the artists themselves, they either write primarily for the love of it, or for the money. Evidently, although I guess it essentially doesn't matter when we can appreciate the music by itself, it's obviously worthy of more credit when the artist is genuine in intent.

rant over, sorry

Originally posted by SculptedCold
I totally agree! But I consider this sub-division completely irrelevant as a lot of people (myself included) consider the term 'nu' itself to denominate a music geared towards popularity. I read 'pop nu-metal' as 'pop pop-metal', which, to me, is a bit unnecessary. :loco:

Nemesis Divina is totally right; a fan can appreciate music on their own terms regardless of the intent or sincerity of the band (as I tend to view nu-metal), but when it comes to the artists themselves, they either write primarily for the love of it, or for the money. Evidently, although I guess it essentially doesn't matter when we can appreciate the music by itself, it's obviously worthy of more credit when the artist is genuine in intent.

rant over, sorry
:worship: ME STUPID NORWEGIAN! YOU WISE SCOTTSMAN!

Originally posted by Nemesis Divina
:worship: ME STUPID NORWEGIAN! YOU WISE SCOTTSMAN!

Argghhhgh! I'm not Scottish! But that's ok. ;-) And no, you're not stupid at all, it's just a language barrier. No doubt your views in your language are just as relevant.

Rise! Rise! :worship:

Damn! I was a huge nu-metal fan before...so i know what i'm talking about.
My favourite band was Slipknot. Also listened to Korn alot:lol: !
And as SculptedCold said, i'm not "attacking" the fans of nu in any way. But personally i think that the nu industry is so packed full of bands that only play their music to get money, and don't give a fuck about their fans....but as I said, I got nothing against you.
PS: There's something I don't like with 9 guys in red boilersuits jumping around like monkeys, beating eachother up, while the frontman gets thousands of people to show him the finger and repeat "People=Shit" after him:rolleyes:

girl! get yourself and go make some homework.
you said yourself "my favored was slipknot" do you know some underground nu-metal band?
do you know something quality? and not from the MTV
i bet you dont.
do it for money??? who dont do it for money? 95% from the metal bands do it for money and just after the money they do it for the music.
"dont give a fuck about their fans"? what? the fans become to they wife??? this artists have they own live.
i talk with my nu-metal favored band not one time and not two times.
so i dont think you can say something about it, most of them not snob...
i dont want to say much about slipknot mental level..
just that, the band up to the stage and spit one on the other and beat one to the other, this is level??!!!!

so PLEASE, before you start to scatter your wisdom things, think little.

Originally posted by sexualist death
you said yourself "my favored was slipknot" do you know some underground nu-metal band?
do you know something quality? and not from the MTV
i bet you dont.
do it for money??? who dont do it for money? 95% from the metal bands do it for money and just after the money they do it for the music.
"dont give a fuck about their fans"? what? the fans become to they wife??? this artists have they own live.
i talk with my nu-metal favored band not one time and not two times.
so i dont think you can say something about it, most of them not snob...
i dont want to say much about slipknot mental level..
just that, the band up to the stage and spit one on the other and beat one to the other, this is level??!!!!

so PLEASE, before you start to scatter your wisdom things, think little.
Okay okay! I don't know shit. You got me there:lol:
But i don't like it...i don't.

Just thought I should inform you that Nemisis is no girl...

Since I do not want to argue with you about nu-metal Im gonna keep my views on that sort of music for my self.

But, if there are, as you say, great nu-metal bands out there, could you recommend some, so we dont base our views on nu-metal simply from what we see on MTV and hear on the radio...?

my pleasure ....

this is my favored bands..
voodoocult
downset
nothingface
dog eat dog
coal chamber
deftones
disturbed
nonpoint

and from the more famous is
adema
drowning pool

but if you really gonna listen to something from this list
try voodoocult.. it's my top, great band!

you want some more band list?

my pleasure ....

this is my favored bands..
voodoocult
downset
nothingface
dog eat dog
coal chamber
deftones
disturbed
nonpoint

and from the more famous is
adema
drowning pool

but if you really gonna listen to something from this list
try voodoocult.. it's my top, great band!

you want some more band list?
Coal Chamber was also one of my fav bands. Actually they are not bad...
BIG TRUCK!:lol:

Coal Chamber was also one of my fav bands. Actually they are not bad...
BIG TRUCK!:lol:

:lol: yes they are very good band for nu-metal band.. and general, good band

(can you please tell me what gender are you?)
now i feel stupid, so dont worry:lol: