Cannibal Corpse guestbook (this is funny stuff!!)

Maybe you should try to stop pigeonholing a band on account of their fans; it's pathetic. If you're insistent on acting the inverted-poser, go see them live or watch the Live Cannibalism DVD, and come back here and tell me they really deserve the ridicule normally reserved for nu-metal.

SculptedCold said:
Maybe you should try to stop pigeonholing a band on account of their fans; it's pathetic. If you're insistent on acting the inverted-poser, go see them live or watch the Live Cannibalism DVD, and come back here and tell me they really deserve the ridicule normally reserved for nu-metal.

I'm not. They were suprisingly real good the last time I saw them on tour but other than that, they are fucking boring to me. There's so much better music out there.

Agreed, but your finding them boring doesn't necessarily qualify them for being a 'teeny bopper' death band. Such a turn of phrase if at all appropriate for any kind of death metal should only be thrown at music like latter day soilwork or in flames.

I also find some of CC's fans to be funny and idiotic, but their novelty and likely exclusive interest in the band shouldn't compromise the heavy and technical music that has only been embraced through the controversy that is shared by almost every other death metal band there is.

SculptedCold said:
Agreed, but your finding them boring doesn't necessarily qualify them for being a 'teeny bopper' death band. Such a turn of phrase if at all appropriate for any kind of death metal should only be thrown at music like latter day soilwork or in flames.

I also find some of CC's fans to be funny and idiotic, but their novelty and likely exclusive interest in the band shouldn't compromise the heavy and technical music that has only been embraced through the controversy that is shared by almost every other death metal band there is.

By boring I meant generic and stupid, stuff that little kids get into. Teeny bopper shit because you can find their CDs at every single mall across this country and 99% of the time, it's some teenaged loser buying the CD because the cover has "like, blood and guts and shit" on it.

Yes, that much is undeniably true! I'd definately contend that CC is not 'stupid', and that although having been rendered generic by the countless bands playing the style of death they virtually created, they are in fact still putting-out quality material.

That much is opinion of course, but CC have long been one of my favourite bands.

I remember a particular thread on the CC forum, it was about pictures of dead people found on the internet, some guy was saying that he watched the pics while eating and that he tried to think he was eating guts to be used to the gore and be tougher, and other kids (I'm pretty sure they couldn't be older than 16) were saying similar things, needless to say they were flammed a lot :lol::lol:

I agree quite a bit with you Sculpted Cold...I still like listening to them and get a laugh from it. Not to sound pretentious or anything, but I also consider myself fairly intelligent...the problem is when the fans don't realize their idiotic fervor. The members are still damn talented...you think playing that is easy? I'm sure they also realize how moronic many of their fans are too.

Reactions: SculptedCold
yeah, i heard they were recording again too. im not a big fan, i usually listen to them when i need a laugh or want to be mildly offensive to other people. i saw them live last year for the first time and they fucking owned that night.

:kickass: to SculptedCold

I think it's their image that has put a lot of people off who, if they would give CC a chance and look past the blood n' gore and just listen to the music, would like them musically or at least change their opinion about the band. Maybe respect them a little more. To classify them as 'generic', 'boring' and 'stupid' would be selling them short imo.

I know their image attracts a lot of 13-year olds but I know a lot of 'serious adults' too who can look past the image and enjoy the music.

I used to think CC was a little too cheesy too until I saw them live once, they were supertight and aggressive and really impressed me.

tara said:
I liked them when I was 14.
They are kiddie fun teeny bopper death metal like Deicide.

Deicide are good... I'm probably going ot see them in November :D
And I liked bands like CC when I was 12.... Probably not a good thing
But I like In Flames when I was ten :D