Your most hated metal albums!!

Silent Realm,

I love Tony Martin's voice, it is gorgeous as you say. Nightwing and Dying for Love are a couple of my fave BS songs, unbelievable stuff from the kings of HM. The Ozzy years are still looked upon as being their finest material but on the whole I would say they never made a bad record except Forbidden and to a lesser extent Seventh Star (the latter I must listen to more often).

you mean you know Tony Martin black sabbath??? omg!! I thought i was the only person in the world... My absolute all time favorite song of theirs is Anno Mundi (Tyr). God that song rocks! And also Cross of Thorns (Cross Purposes) So unbelievably good! I've never heard Seventh Star.. I havent been able to find any newer black sabbath than forbidden. Now all they have is numerous compilations of their old works with Ozzy. I mean I LOVE Ozzy, but there is more to them than just him IMO (some people would kill me for saying that) lol..

Yngwie Malmsteen - Fire & Ice (eww... this one sucks the big one...)
Metallica - Load (do I have to say anything?)
Metallica - ReLoad (...)
Metallica - St. Anger (Lord, have mercy... :()
Blind Guardian - Batallions of Fear (this is their worst album ever... even the band admit that...)
Symphony X - Symphony X (ssssorrey... :D)

I never knew Francesco COULD play slow. Is it as bad as when he plays fast?
I know a about a guy who can actually play FASTER (alot faster) than francesco, his name is Marcus Paus. But he is also a good player as he doesn't only play fast (but still shreds alot). He also writes some obscure primus influenced wierd Alternative/fusion/whatever. Search for his band 'Mr. Cucumber' on mp3.com and download 'Mr. Cucumbers Nightmare'.
This guy is just scarey, seriously.

That guy is just absolutely EXTREME technically, i think he`s the one who holds the reord for most notes per second with a pick here in Norway, 28 notes per second! I think i am sloooowly getting closer though , actually, i was counting with the metronome, and it seems i made 32 hits per second! I know i was doing something wrong...... :D

i actually like load and parts of reload... not metal at all, but they have a lot of good solid rock songs on there... *shrugts* just an oppinion. And you can't accuse me of just being a metallica fanboy because it's just about the only metallica i like :lol:

My current piece of garbage mainly because of insultingly terrible production is Nevermore's Enemies of reality but here are a few from the past.

Metalica's Load (I like some reload songs)
Pantera's The Great southern trendkill
Rush's Signals through Vapor Trails
Yes's 90210 and later
Van Halen's discs after Roth left!

Well, I got some old RATT albums that, give or take a song or two, are completely stinkoid, but if you can call it metal?
Mmm lemme see, I bought Dreaming Neon Black of Nevermore and absolute find it unlistenable, although some of the music's actually pretty good...but the voice in some places...ohmygod!

I've got one album from a dutch metalband that is so cliche and stereotypical metal, it's laughable, but I really like it a LOT. It's sung in Dutch and they go from topics like "Your friends at the pub, what are they actually worth?" and 'geitewollensokkenrockers' (goatswoolsocksrockers) Or 'Do you know where she lives? or don't you know? (How do I know!) hehehehehe! guess you have to be dutch to really appreciate it...guitar work is pretty good tho...

Yeah that Pantera one comes close too...southern something something.

man i respect your opinion, but am i the only one here that likes Damnation??? i think it has some beautiful songs. Of course it's not like their metal material...but its still good, but meh..thats just me i guess.

urinalcakemix said:
Whatever the New Opeth disc is... that was terrible
:OMG: wash your mouth out!!! Damnation is stunning! its different to their usual style but that doesnt make it bad. its my favorite mellow album..is listening to it now in fact :D (actually ive had it on all day)

ok i cant think right now of any albums i hate.

Hmm, im not a huge opeth Fan but i'll be seeing them live for the first time in december. I hope they don't do a mellow set in their show. I take it you'll be at the show in the 'pit' SR?

Back to the topic, my most hated metal albums would be
James Murphy - Convergance
Impellitteri - Eye of the Hurricane
David T. Chastain - World Gone Mad
Suffocation - Pierced From Within

I only list these from my own collection

Going back to the old days I would have to say the shittiest and most disappointing album experience for me was Judas Priest's "Turbo". What a horrendously horrific album from my one time favorite and a once mighty metal band! Total sellout in every sense of the word.

Another that comes to mind was Annihilator's "Remains". Holy crap, what apiece of crap! Not that the previous couple of albums were anything special, but the first 2 albums from these guys were awesome (IMO). What a shame.

More modern, I can't really think of any that I was totally disatisfied with.

Julz said:
Hmm, im not a huge opeth Fan but i'll be seeing them live for the first time in december. I hope they don't do a mellow set in their show. I take it you'll be at the show in the 'pit' SR?

Back to the topic, my most hated metal albums would be
James Murphy - Convergance
Impellitteri - Eye of the Hurricane
David T. Chastain - World Gone Mad
Suffocation - Pierced From Within

I only list these from my own collection

Why Pierced from Within? I think it's one of the best technical death metal albums ever made... or are you just not into the genre?

shred faster said:
I don't like Night at the Opera by BG. No rhythm Guitar!!! All vocals and solo's. I was disappointed with it greatly. I still like it, but it could of been a lot better.
Well, do you like it, or not like it? Make up your mind, man. MAKE UP YOUR MIND!!! :)